• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Physical Flight bags

Colors for sure.

Zippers seem much stronger on the Flak3.

Don't like the flap on the contender as it does not roll up or Velcro, Flak3 does.

The divider when not used does not Velcro to top and it is not removable, although the Flak3 does not have a divider, its flap does velcro to the top.

The stool/umbrella straps just lay on the ground and get dirty when not in use, the Flak3s clip together and stay out of the way.

The bottle holders are taller on the Flak3 so your skinny bottles do not pop out like they can on the Contender.

If you do not like the bag PF charges 25% restocking fee, Flak3 charges $10 (of course you pay shipping back)

I rate te Flak3 close to the Grip A Series I had in comfort and disc capacity. The Flak3 has better/easier storage for sweatshirt/jacket then the Grip I think.

Zippers are both YKK so no difference.

Bottle holders are actually 6 inches tall so unless you are carrying a 2 liter bottle then a drink will not fall out.

The flap on the contender rolls in or tucks into the front scorecard flap.

The divider is velcroed in and removable. Secondly the Velcro used in the Contenders is much stronger and will not fall thru under pressure like the bag being compared.

Finally the 2nd run contender has side zippered disc storage which the other bag does not as well as there is not hard plastic in the bottom of the 2nd run Contender (instead padded foam was used) to poke you in the back. There is also a dedicated mini pocket.

To each there own but in actuality the 2nd run Contender takes care a lot of the issues that the bag the Contender is being compared to currently has, not to mention we offer 6 colors and not 3.

You are right...let me make this clear then, we have never had a warranty claim for zippers on ANY bag we have made :)

My 500ml water bottles fall out a few times every round. I don't own Nalgenes or purchase water in other sizes. The foam in the cup holders is nice for thermal uses, but is largely ineffective at keep anything cold very long. They are pretty structurally unsound as well. Many time have I picked up my bag and them flop over and dump all my waters. The zippers are okay, but the design of the zippers is pretty poor. They are top notch quality, but the seams on the two main compartments are twisted in a way that causes my zippers to get caught and nearly break.

When I am confident I have used it enough, I will detail this more thoroughly in my review. Still love the bag, and wouldn't think of owning any other bag. Also, soooooooooo comfortable. A lot of locals that own other bags have been so surprised by the comfort of a fully loaded bag with 4 waters inside.

After sending emails for the last 3 weeks and being ignored, I have yet to receive any of the free items promised with my purchase of a Contender 2. Why am I not surprised?

They're probably not responding because they're about to blow up another one of their "promises" with their newest company, Salient Discs.

And that's probably why you're not surprised. Because their inability to follow through has become the norm.

Any emails regarding physical flight should be directed to the physical flight website and not Salient. James I spoke to Hillary and she has a tracking number for your items that show they were delivered. Email me directly via the PF website for info regarding that transaction.

Finally,for the trolls, Happy Halloween we love you! Enjoy

I sent emails to both and also used the "contact us" screen on PF website with no response. In this case, I waited three weeks before posting. If Hillary had the tracking info, why not respond?

It's not Halloween yet.

And he mentioned that he contacted Physical Flight. Not Salient.

It was my point that the owners of Physical Flight are too busy not coming through under another business name to respond to their current customers.

Why would you ignore someone who inquired when you have an obvious answer?

If you actually ran your business well, I might be a troll. But since my points are valid, you might listen to the fact that you're making a poor impression on the market.

Last edited:
It's not Halloween yet.

And he mentioned that he contacted Physical Flight. Not Salient.

It was my point that the owners of Physical Flight are too busy not coming through under another business name to respond to their current customers.

Why would you ignore someone who inquired when you have an obvious answer?

If you actually ran your business well, I might be a troll. But since my points are valid, you might listen to the fact that you're making a poor impression on the market.

What is it going to take to get you to STFU? You are only trolling Salient....why? You talk crap about their bags, but then you want to buy the DD ranger bag? Please unplug your computer and place it in the trash can, you are far to stupid to be allowed to use it anymore!

I'm pretty sure I emailed Dynamic asking about color choices for my wife. They said they'd been talking about more colors and more were expected later this fall.

Also, they made a other colors ya'll. There are pictures. Like six posts up.

:doh: Okay, don't know where I would have gotten that idea from.:wall:

wow you guys pissed this cheesehead off. i think he's spent half of his time on this forum just being angry at you kilgus.

anywho.... i'm actually going to break down and buy a bag and was wondering if a new run of contenders is planned within the foreseeable future and if any changes will possibly be made from the second runs? i don't need to know any exact time frame just more or less will it be on the horizon or months and months away. thanks.

:doh: Okay, don't know where I would have gotten that idea from.:wall:

I emailed about color choices for my wife, because she was curious if they were going to come out in other colors when they release their new run.

Unfortunately for your logic, that doesn't necessitate me wanting to buy one. It simply means I was curious about their future color choices.

Enjoy the wall.

I often e-mail companies, about thier color choices, when I don't plan on buying anything from them also:|

What is it going to take to get you to STFU? You are only trolling Salient....why? You talk crap about their bags

To be fair, he has been relatively vocal in the Flak3 thread as well. So, its not just you, this thread, or this company. Personally, I don't mind because he is calling both manufacturers out on important issues and makes (mostly) good points.

The Flak3 has some design/production flaws, which were (honestly) disappointing. However the guys at Hyzer Bomb have been great with communication, time lines and working with their customers. Which, is the main reason I'm choosing to stay with them while they work through the issues.

Had I bought a PF or Salient bag and had issues and tried to communicate with them, I would be furious with their level of customer service and communication. Not to mention the poor treatment of their customers. I don't have social media, so I would rely solely on email or phone to communicate and (again) I would be furious if I were trying to get ahold of a company and was being ignored.

Had I bought a PF or Salient bag and had issues and tried to communicate with them, I would be furious with their level of customer service and communication. Not to mention the poor treatment of their customers. I don't have social media, so I would rely solely on email or phone to communicate and (again) I would be furious if I were trying to get ahold of a company and was being ignored.

The fact remains that plenty of people have pre-ordered and are NOT even unhappy let alone "furious" with them.

I'm one of them.

They're on their way. Good. I'm excited. They've communicated with me just fine.

Personally, I'd never preorder an item without a firm shipping date. The fact that some people have been ignored (via Facebook or emails) does not speak well for the level of customer service. A company should never be too busy to deal with their customers. Even if there is nothing to report, communication is still key.

That said, I didn't order a salient bag, so I have no dog in this fight. I hope they work the kinks out & everyone is happy with their purchases

Latest posts