• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Physical Flight bags

I have now used my bag a few rounds and even took it hiking on a day trip! It got snagged on branches, rolled a bit down a mountain, scraped against cave walls, and I even fell into a stream while crossing water covered granite(natural Teflon I swear to God...) It looks brand new!

I will post pictures when I get around to writing a review. There are some things that I don't like about the bag, but none are deal breakers atm. So far so good!
Look forward to seeing a written review. I will be uploading my video review by the end of this week

I am so in love with the new versiin of the contender. It held up so damn well in the rain this weekend

:popcorn: I have a bit of a bag addiction and I wanted to try one of these out too, but they seem similar. Comparison should help a bunch. Thanks.

What makes the Flak3 better? I'll give it looks, I like their color options better.

Based on the comparison we did, it just comes down to your preference of colors, and features. I am uploading the comparison to youtube now but both bags were built sturdy and comfortable.

What makes the Flak3 better? I'll give it looks, I like their color options better.

Colors for sure.

Zippers seem much stronger on the Flak3.

Don't like the flap on the contender as it does not roll up or Velcro, Flak3 does.

The divider when not used does not Velcro to top and it is not removable, although the Flak3 does not have a divider, its flap does velcro to the top.

The stool/umbrella straps just lay on the ground and get dirty when not in use, the Flak3s clip together and stay out of the way.

The bottle holders are taller on the Flak3 so your skinny bottles do not pop out like they can on the Contender.

If you do not like the bag PF charges 25% restocking fee, Flak3 charges $10 (of course you pay shipping back)

I rate te Flak3 close to the Grip A Series I had in comfort and disc capacity. The Flak3 has better/easier storage for sweatshirt/jacket then the Grip I think.

Awesome review! Thanks for taking the time to do it and put it up.

I just acquired a 1st run contender in a trade and I've gotta say, I really like this bag. I have a few minor gripes, but its really just nit picking. Something I was always pretty sure about, but now is confirmed, is that it is hard to get discs from each end the the main disc compartment. I did a quick and dirty fix that I think is pretty sweet. I got a piece of 1" thick styrofoam from home depot and cut two 8"x9" pieces from I covered them with fabric using a staple gun and attached velcro to them. When I put them on each side of the main compartment they come right to the zipper. This of course makes you sacrifice disc space, so may not be for everyone. This way I can take one or both out if I need more room for discs.

I just acquired a 1st run contender in a trade and I've gotta say, I really like this bag. I have a few minor gripes, but its really just nit picking. Something I was always pretty sure about, but now is confirmed, is that it is hard to get discs from each end the the main disc compartment. I did a quick and dirty fix that I think is pretty sweet. I got a piece of 1" thick styrofoam from home depot and cut two 8"x9" pieces from I covered them with fabric using a staple gun and attached velcro to them. When I put them on each side of the main compartment they come right to the zipper. This of course makes you sacrifice disc space, so may not be for everyone. This way I can take one or both out if I need more room for discs.

Hmmm... I have ZERO problems getting out the discs from the sides. That is a design enhancement over other backpack bags have definitely have this issue. The "reverse U" zipper on the Contender makes this a non-issue in my opinion.

Welcome to the club!

I guess I could get them out ok, but getting them back in was near impossible. I'm glad I did the mod though, so I can customize the size of the main disc storage area.

Latest posts