• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Physical Flight bags

TOURNEYPLAYER

*Reform School Scholar*
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I havent seen any threads on this in the general forum?

what are the best ones?

Is the new Skirmish bag going to be game changer?

I live in SC so a local company has really started to peak my interest...

Hey tourney. The 2nd run contenders will be shipping in June. They have been modified with a better mini pocket, a lower sternum strap, big side zippered pockets and the insert in the main compartment has been moved up. If you want to check out a review of the first run contender in my sig. As for the skirmish the proto has been made and should be on its way to Chris. I am sure he will post a video on it and give us a look at it.

Thanks guys, good to have a new PF thread after the last one was closed down. Eagerly awaiting info on the Skirmish.

If the skirmish is under 100, then I'll be interested.

Same here. Non-disc storage is also a big deal to me too. I wonder if this new deal PF has will delay the release or accelerate it...I'd guess delay.

I know Chris doesn't want a lot discussed on here regarding the changes because it's not 'officially' public knowledge. But I will say that from what I have heard, if there is a delay it will be both A) adequately communicated to everyone on here, and B) will be for the better for the Skirmish design-wise and quality-wise.

Honestly in the end, the Blizzard method of video game design (everything is every coming "Soon" or "When it's done") ends up being right. If you have to delay, yeah some forum folks will chew you out, but if it ends up w/a better product, they can deal. I wasn't playing disc golf when Grip first started, but I've heard tales of their issues w/their first release. They seemed to come back just fine from that, given the number of Grip bags I have seen on the few courses I have played so far. I'm sure PF will be fine.

I know Chris doesn't want a lot discussed on here regarding the changes because it's not 'officially' public knowledge. But I will say that from what I have heard, if there is a delay it will be both A) adequately communicated to everyone on here, and B) will be for the better for the Skirmish design-wise and quality-wise.

^^As of now we are furiously working on the 2nd run contenders and we will have a finished product late next week to compare the changes, at that point we will know when they should specifically arrive to us and ship out to customers.

The Skirmish will be our biggest project to date and will have the design cues, features, ordering process, etc to demonstrate this. We fully expect this bag to be our small/medium (16-20 disc capacity) bag to compete for top of the bag mountain. Now that the dust has settled projected price tag is $99-$120 which will leave it $125 less expensive than its main competitor.

^^As of now we are furiously working on the 2nd run contenders and we will have a finished product late next week to compare the changes, at that point we will know when they should specifically arrive to us and ship out to customers.

The Skirmish will be our biggest project to date and will have the design cues, features, ordering process, etc to demonstrate this. We fully expect this bag to be our small/medium (16-20 disc capacity) bag to compete for top of the bag mountain. Now that the dust has settled projected price tag is $99-$120 which will leave it $125 less expensive than its main competitor.

Badass my friend. I can sell my used grip. get a new skirmish!!!

Awesome Price point for this highly anticipated bag. I may have to sell my NEW A Series Grip bag and get 2 of these Skirmish Bags!!!

I think people will be more willing to justify this price point.

A skirmish sounds like what I need for the longer days when I don't usually use all that many discs.

I live in Washington, and it rains here, a lot sometimes.
what do these bags have for waterproofing or rainflys?

I live in Washington, and it rains here, a lot sometimes.
what do these bags have for waterproofing or rainflys?

the Contenders are made from waterproof kevlar-coated thread. I have heard good things about how they hold up in wet conditions. Mine never got rained on so I couldn't say firsthand. Not sure what the Skirmish will be made of.

Latest posts