• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Physical Flight bags

Personally, I'd never preorder an item without a firm shipping date.

That's your choice. As you well know, others make different choices. But the only people who seem to be complaining are the ones who haven't ordered a bag.

People haven't been ignored. The guy who emailed was responded to and shipped a package. He hasn't posted since. The Facebook guy misspoke about the timing of his wife's purchase.

The fact that some people have been ignored (via Facebook or emails) does not speak well for the level of customer service. A company should never be too busy to deal with their customers. Even if there is nothing to report, communication is still key.

You're not one of their customers.

As one of their customers, I'm happy with the communication that I've had with them. What I'm not happy about are the non-customers repeatedly chiming in to tell us how the rest of us should feel.

It's awkward.

They sold a few hundred pre-orders. How many people have complained - actual customers? They're doing okay in my book. Not perfect, no, but just fine.

You can disagree, and that's fine, but I'm going to go back to my day-to-day life. The bag will likely be pretty darn good - I've purchased two of their other models of bags - and I feel it was available on pre-order for a pretty darn good price. I expect that I'll be pleased when it's all said and done.

Always had EXCELLENT customer service...

Since before the pre-order of 1st run Contenders, I just counted over 30 email communications between Kilgus and myself and at least one phone call. This includes answers to my questions before production, sending my bag back in for warranty work, and an offer to sell me a Catalyst at WHOLESALE pricing because I damaged part of my bag through carelessness... so warranty doesn't apply. I'd say that's pretty darned good customer service.

At this point, I can't say they have lived up to every promise so far including timelines on the pre-orders for 1st and 2nd run Contenders.

That's your choice. As you well know, others make different choices. But the only people who seem to be complaining are the ones who haven't ordered a bag.

People haven't been ignored. The guy who emailed was responded to and shipped a package. He hasn't posted since. The Facebook guy misspoke about the timing of his wife's purchase.

You're not one of their customers.

As one of their customers, I'm happy with the communication that I've had with them. What I'm not happy about are the non-customers repeatedly chiming in to tell us how the rest of us should feel.

It's awkward.

They sold a few hundred pre-orders. How many people have complained - actual customers? They're doing okay in my book. Not perfect, no, but just fine.

You can disagree, and that's fine, but I'm going to go back to my day-to-day life. The bag will likely be pretty darn good - I've purchased two of their other models of bags - and I feel it was available on pre-order for a pretty darn good price. I expect that I'll be pleased when it's all said and done.

I think Tuna's point is that EVERYONE is a potential customer, so it is all customer service. Just because you haven't ordered doesn't mean you won't. But if you are ignored or not treated well - and this is a blanket statement, not directed at Salient, but every company - you're likely not going with that company.

Edit: I sincerely hope I am not coming off as a troll by following these threads and commenting in them. I am trying to observe from a neutral standpoint, and I think I've done a good job of not poking too many bears. Having more disc golf companies is important, but it is also important for said companies to hear from customers both actual and potential.

Have people already forgotten the original Grip fiasco?
Was a total mess. But I don't think this is about the product. It's about the representation of the company here. Not gonna rehash but I'd hope they learn. Either way we represent a small portion of a niche sport. So what we say or think ultimately does not matter much. So anywho salient representatives should disappear or bite their tongues or disappear. Stay in their thread and remain partial. Not many manufacturers post here, I think that is a good approach.

Are there any ways to get a Contender besides finding a used one somewhere? That said, does anyone want to sell me one?

I have an unused one, a Contender 2.

I still have yet to receive the extras promised with the bag and doubt I will. I originally posted I hadn't received anything after 3 weeks of emails to Physical Flight and Salient Discs. Kilgus posted that they had tracking info that the package of extras had shipped and been delivered to my home. Since I had not gotten the package, my first thought was stolen mail. I then requested the tracking info from both Kilgus and Salient Discs so I could make a police report. However, after several requests, no response. Too much bad juju to ever consider using this bag.

I think Tuna's point is that EVERYONE is a potential customer, so it is all customer service.

Yes, but I never said otherwise. There are a few people who have clearly taken things too far by telling people who have pre-ordered how they should be feeling.

I'm quite content feeling the way I want to feel. :) And though Salient's made plenty of mistakes, I put far more emphasis on the price and quality of the product(s). In those areas, PF has not let me down.

Good lord, it's Prodigy 2.0!

If you're a potential customer, you're not going to come into this thread and start telling people how to feel. You're going to either realize that Physical Flight's bags are well made and worth the wait and hand over your money/get in line, or you're going to move on and take your money elsewhere.

Rubbing their nose in the fact that they've stumbled when you have no interest in their product is purely asinine behavior. Stop trying to put lipstick on a pig.

Well the entire forum has turned in to one big circle jerk of idiots either white knighting or victim blaming, these threads have been full of both. They're outraged by Salient even though they didnt order anything and telling the only actual people being hurt by the delays they're idiots.

Same kind of people telling Trayvon Martin he shouldn't of been black and buying candy in the rain.

I too am waiting for the extras promised. Hopeful...but idk :(

I have an unused one, a Contender 2.

I still have yet to receive the extras promised with the bag and doubt I will. I originally posted I hadn't received anything after 3 weeks of emails to Physical Flight and Salient Discs. Kilgus posted that they had tracking info that the package of extras had shipped and been delivered to my home. Since I had not gotten the package, my first thought was stolen mail. I then requested the tracking info from both Kilgus and Salient Discs so I could make a police report. However, after several requests, no response. Too much bad juju to ever consider using this bag.

UPDATE! My doubt was answered just now! Just returned home and found a package from Salient!

I emailed them roughly a week ago. That was very quick turn around there.

Thanks guys (Salient)!

Excited to test the disc.

I too am waiting for the extras promised. Hopeful...but idk :(

UPDATE! My doubt was answered just now! Just returned home and found a package from Salient!

I emailed them roughly a week ago. That was very quick turn around there.

Thanks guys (Salient)!

Excited to test the disc.

So the sky isn't falling after all.

Latest posts