• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Playing Through Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha you guys act like I am trying to hurt people. I don't throw ON people, I throw OVER them. From like 50 ft out, no danger. The people I throw over are the ones who I ask at the teepad if I can play through, but say no. I real quick piggyback/leapfrog them. And when I outdrive them, they keep their stupid mouths shut. Ten bucks says you guys are the ones who don't let faster groups play through, eh?

Yeah Thug that's not ever a good idea, anyone can have a bad throw/have a disc slip out, at 50' someone could get seriously hurt. I play a lot at a public park course that gets very busy with 1 disc groups and families. Not all of them know etiquette, they are in their own world having fun. It's best to just be the bigger person and talk to them calmly about course etiquette as you're walking past them skipping the hole. Then they'll know next time, and all it cost you was a little time and skipping a hole, no big deal. Just take a courtesy birdie on that hole for your effort. ;)

I have yet to hit anyone with a disc that I have not taken direct aim at. The people blowing a gasket are the people that are clogging up courses, it's as simple as that. Not my fault that you can't even comprehend the rules sign on hole 1.

Yeah Thug that's not ever a good idea, anyone can have a bad throw/have a disc slip out, at 50' someone could get seriously hurt. I play a lot at a public park course that gets very busy with 1 disc groups and families. Not all of them know etiquette, they are in their own world having fun. It's best to just be the bigger person and talk to them calmly about course etiquette as you're walking past them skipping the hole. Then they'll know next time, and all it cost you was a little time and skipping a hole, no big deal. Just take a courtesy birdie on that hole for your effort. ;)

Hahaha something tells me I should be more specific. I never, ever throw in the general direction of children. Same goes for the elderly. The people I throw over are aggro dudebros who are already well into their sixth Coors Light. "Nah, bro, you can't play through, we are already ahead of you hurkadurrrrr."

Use your words like a big kid. Do better.

Review By: davidrboy

Pros: Very good because, like any time you are getting some action, it is very good. But The Bear is like getting some in the mid-1970s.

The bear sortof slides across the disco in some high-waisted skin-tight bellbottoms looking fly as can be. You've been waiting all night for a look at something like The Bear. Something that is really going to make you work for it, but you know the payoff is going to be so worth the effort.

The Bear's got something so sexy and secret about it, and you can't wait to see what is going on in there. You build up your confidence and put yourself out there.
Cons: But once you get The Bear's jeans peeled off, the whole damned thing is thicket. There's a beautiful hole in there no doubt. More than one hole, you are certain. Somewhere. In. There.

And it would be so fun to get a good look in there and know how to attack it. Get all up in there and do what you do. But it is totally obscured by tangles and brambles and overgrowth and underbrush.

Sure, you might intuitively know that it is a 4.5, but you shouldn't have to use that much imagination.
Other Thoughts: Obviously, you have to hit it. I mean, you already put in the effort to get there. But you don't have to hit it twice.

Trim it up all nice and neat though, and you've got magic. You don't need to scalp it bare, but clean it up a little.

Also, (and this is where the metaphor fails), it was too wet when we were there.

Review By: davidrboy

Pros: Very good because, like any time you are getting some action, it is very good. But The Bear is like getting some in the mid-1970s.

The bear sortof slides across the disco in some high-waisted skin-tight bellbottoms looking fly as can be. You've been waiting all night for a look at something like The Bear. Something that is really going to make you work for it, but you know the payoff is going to be so worth the effort.

The Bear's got something so sexy and secret about it, and you can't wait to see what is going on in there. You build up your confidence and put yourself out there.
Cons: But once you get The Bear's jeans peeled off, the whole damned thing is thicket. There's a beautiful hole in there no doubt. More than one hole, you are certain. Somewhere. In. There.

And it would be so fun to get a good look in there and know how to attack it. Get all up in there and do what you do. But it is totally obscured by tangles and brambles and overgrowth and underbrush.

Sure, you might intuitively know that it is a 4.5, but you shouldn't have to use that much imagination.
Other Thoughts: Obviously, you have to hit it. I mean, you already put in the effort to get there. But you don't have to hit it twice.

Trim it up all nice and neat though, and you've got magic. You don't need to scalp it bare, but clean it up a little.

Also, (and this is where the metaphor fails), it was too wet when we were there.

Quite a profound read. My life has been changed. Perfect. 5/7.

...that's not ever a good idea, anyone can have a bad throw/have a disc slip out, at 50' someone could get seriously hurt.
BINGO don't be a BIGGER problem on the course.
Not all of them know etiquette, they are in their own world having fun.
but even if they are being bitches, just shake your head & waste no more time on them
It's best to just be the bigger person and talk to them calmly about course etiquette as you're walking past them skipping the hole. Then they'll know next time, and all it cost you was a little time and skipping a hole, no big deal.
BINGO again, don't be a BIGGER problem on the course then they are.

If my group is smaller and faster, and we're told we can't play through, we look to see if there is an open hole in front of the big, slow group. If there is, we jump ahead to the next hole and then circle back to the missed hole later. That's almost always the case at our local courses since the massive bro groups tend to be pretty rare. When we do this, there are no hurt feelings, and everyone gets to keep playing at the pace they want. I'm not sure why so many panties find so many tight places over this topic.

does this even happen?

if someone asks you if they can play through, you are probably already the douchebag.

Haha, This I like!

When I'm out with a big group I make sure to look back and let faster groups through. If I'm solo I hope the slower group ahead asks if I want to play through, but there are plenty of time when I have to raise the question. "Hey fellas! How y'all doing today?...mind if I play through? maybe crack a joke...want to see how not to play this hole?" Keep it simple.

Still surprised some groups need to be asked, but I don't mind...much better than waiting :)

I am the same if I am in a large group. I am almost always the first to let my group know that we are letting the people behind us play through, and then I relay that info to the people who I am letting play through. Common courtesy, kids.

Do what I do, play at sunrise. I usually have the entire course to myself. Fortunately, disc golfers, the younger ones at least, don't tend to be early risers.

I come back from hiatus and find Bro D alive and well????

Sorry, I'm just speachless at the presence of such greatness.

And, Thug, when you find that everyone else in the world is doing it wrong, they're probably not. You're not innovative or forging a brave new world, you're just being a jerk.

And, Thug, when you find that everyone else in the world is doing it wrong, they're probably not. You're not innovative or forging a brave new world, you're just being a jerk.

It's not everyone else in the world. I'm on Thug's side, at least in the exact scenario he described. If I was playing solo behind a group of Coors drinking bros and was told I couldn't play through after asking politely, I would throw over the top of them too.

I stand corrected, 2 wrongs DO make a right.

:wall:

And bingo was his ****ing name-o.

Wish I could have been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts