• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Please help

Yeah, I love Flicks. Havent tried a xXx yet but both of those discs are a lot more "aggressive" so dont get frustrated if it doesnt do exactly what you want right away.

True. It took me a couple rounds to get the hang of the XXX. I still use a Firebird or EAgle for tight wooded shots, and a Panther for short approach thumbers, so the XXX will not solve everything. But it is great for max thumber distance.

I love my eagle It's so accurate even in tight areas.. On that xxx does that disc have a big fat rim or does it have a rim more similar to the eagle.. Cause I've tried thumbing a few discs with wider rims and they rip up my thumb

XXX has the fat rim. But do not let it scare you. I. Have fairly small hands and hate big rimmed or beaded discs. But it only took me a few rounds to get used to it. I was pretty inaccurate for a few dozen throws. Then I dialed it in. If you get one and totally can't make it work, I'll buy it or trade you something for it. I can't have too many.

We gonna need more than popcorn for this one Peebs!!

Some Snyders Buffalo Wings and a cold Heiny!!!

Timg needs to force a name change on bikinjack. That SOB hasn't been on his bike since he was 18! I vote his name is now brewjack or jackale. Come on bikinjack!! I'm callin' you out. Phony!!! I'll even lend you my sloppy so you can be sloppyjack like we discussed.

This Is Awesome Sloppy

" The Utopian schemes of leveling (redistribution of wealth) and a community of goods, are as visionary and impractical as those which vest all property in the Crown. These ideas are arbitrary, despotic, and, in our government, unconstitutional." - Sam Adams, Patriot, Founder, Brewer.

-Freaking Awesome

Thanks. Every once in a while I actually pick up a book and read a little history or economics. It helps to see how messed up and foolish we all really are. Even though some of us think we're freaking genius's.

Fatty discer, while more overstable discs will idealy give you more fade, if you are using the OH for your main throwing style (something I don't recomend but I did for a while) then I'd suggest a Z avenger. It will be more versitile and workable. OH is just like other throws in that release angles play a huge part. My most workable release is like "/", I let it go left then right. My two main oh discs are z avengers and stalkers, way less overstable then what most recomend but most of them are using the oh as a one trick pony. I'd also like to remind you to follow through and be sure to continent accelerating towards the end- I see alot of guys get going but then deaccelerate.
With all that said, continue to learn bh.

For a bh right turn, there are two different approaches; annys and turnovers.
Annys are thrown like a half rainbow and turnovers are thrown closer to flat but letting the disc naturally turn due to speed.
All the guys suggesting meteors do not know what they're talking about, at least in reguards to your needs. While meteors are understable, it's one of the faster mids, and probally the fastest understable mid, so it takes alot more to get it to turn. While I use comets for turnovers, I'd suggest a stratus (discraft) or a stingray (innova). Get either in the cheaapest plastic, the more beat it gets, the easier the turnover will be.

Good luck- have fun:)

Timg needs to force a name change on bikinjack. That SOB hasn't been on his bike since he was 18! I vote his name is now brewjack or jackale. Come on bikinjack!! I'm callin' you out. Phony!!! I'll even lend you my sloppy so you can be sloppyjack like we discussed.

you guys discussed having matching names? that's pretty cute :)

Beaten mid will fade right. Never thrown a Mako, but looking at the ratings, it looks like it would break in pretty fast and fade right. I know Sharks and Spiders will, and Mako is more understable than those.
Any overstable disc will turn harder thrown overhand. As an old dude, less is more, meaning fewer discs choices will make you a better player faster. I had the disc addiction, so I understand.
Oh, one more--Panther will fade right brand new. If you can find an old DX, they are money. Stingray is like a bigger Panther, but turns faster. Def will go right also.

Last edited:
... A Firebird will probably do it more than your Eagle...

Absolutely seconded. Firebirds are fantastic thumber discs. I have three of them (169g, 172g, 175g) and let me tell you, they will land where you aim them. The path to get there may be insanely loopy and tree-happy, but once you practice enough, you should be able to weave a CH Firebird to the left of a close tree, to the right of a far one, and then park it.

People look at me like I'm insane. I could care less if I leave myself a birdie putt off the tee :p

Latest posts