• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Even without that's a pretty good course. But you gotta love the way a few of the holeson both those courses provide such wonderful views of the Lake Ontario.

I don't have any pix, but Lake Shore (in Ashtabula, OH) is laid out on a bluff that overlooks the beach and Lake Eerie.
That view alone lifts if from a 3.5 to a 4.0 in my book.

Even without that's a pretty good course. But you gotta love the way a few of the holeson both those courses provide such wonderful views of the Lake Ontario.

I don't have any pix, but Lake Shore (in Ashtabula, OH) is laid out on a bluff that overlooks the beach and Lake Eerie.
That view alone lifts if from a 3.5 to a 4.0 in my book.

I agree, having played 90% of the course before rain/thunderstorm came and we had to get back in vehicle.

Also Shipwreck Bluffs in Erie State Park in NY has some amazing right next to Lake Erie. Also Camping is right next to course so one could sleep there in big cabins or the campsites then wake up and go to the course no mor then 1/4 mile away from furthest sites. Hole one is a bit further away but you do not have to start there. Tough course for how short holes are for all but one putt from tee box hole.

Last edited:
My second photo disappeared....Here's Hole 14 basket at Shore Winds Blue Course.

54ad225e.jpg

Nice pics. I live 70 miles away, and consider that my home course.

The front of the sweatshirt has the old Inflight sun logo on the chest.

Some Fun Just North of Pittsburgh!

Deer Lakes, Hole #15 (I think), looking back towards the tees. I was only 20' long so the putt wasn't too nerve racking. Had I been another 5-10' long, though... :D
picture.php

Knob Hill, Hole #10 (I think, after some holes were re-numbered), from about 50' in front of the White tee. It is much farther downhill than it looks. My Buzzz is in the pic, but very hard to see. If you look at the two trees immediately to the left of the basket, my disc is half hidden behind the left side of the 2nd tree from the basket. I was pin high and actually made the 25 footer for the 2! :thmbup:
picture.php

I had played Moraine and Linbrook before and just played Deer Lakes and Knob Hill today. Wow does the North side of The Burgh have some great golf!!! :clap:

A friend of mine posted this photo of a basket at Glenburnie Park in New Bern, NC after Florence came through. There were 2 huge trees that had blown down to within a few feet of crushing the basket. Second comment on the post? "Proof these baskets rarely catch anything." Actually laughed out loud on that one.

Attachments

• Glenburnie.jpg
    Glenburnie.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 125
Thanks to Sarah Hokom for coming out to J-Park last night for a clinic and 2 Disc Challenge.

The local ladies REALLY enjoyed it !!!]

So here's a serious question. I am Not trolling. It's not related to this thread, so my apologies for the drift.

There's no disputing that Sarah is one of the best FPO disc golfers there is. But I also believe that there's no disputing that her form is, let's say... unique. So I was just wondering how a clinic goes with her. Any thoughts or ideas?

So here's a serious question. I am Not trolling. It's not related to this thread, so my apologies for the drift.

There's no disputing that Sarah is one of the best FPO disc golfers there is. But I also believe that there's no disputing that her form is, let's say... unique. So I was just wondering how a clinic goes with her. Any thoughts or ideas?

Actually a fair question IMHO. Sarah's definitely got a great game, but I don't know that you'd call her form/technique textbook, or hold it up as an example of what others should emulate in terms of improving their game. I'd be curious as to how that clinic went, myself.

Maybe she doesn't teach the parts of her game which are idiosyncratic, but instead focuses on the sorts of skills which are useful to all sorts of players. Besides, a person can know and teach the "right" way to do a thing, while personally eschewing that way and doing it another way outside of the teaching environment.

F'rinstance, I can teach the proper X-step form, but I personally use a slightly modified one.

Her clinic was very informative to this 33 year veteran.
While her sidearm technique appears a bit unorthodox, it's definitely a useful example for teaching. She made it a point to explain that her style isn't what everyone uses and broke it down well for everyone to understand and fielded all questions. If you get a chance to attend one of her clinics, go there and see for yourself.

As for her putting, it is very unique and she didn't focus on her particular style but rather taught the basics (spin and push) and used the "do what feels comfortable and repeatable" system.