• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a NOT cool disc golf photo

I dunno, count me as one of those who wants more baskets to have close obstructions. Putting is way too easy as it is. I mean, maybe remove the green stuff on the left side, but I don't mind leaving a few of those smaller ones.

Some of the saplings are growing through the basket. It looks like the land owners didn't care enough to weed wack around the baskets from the time the course was installed in 2009.

Not cool, or too cool?

attachment.php

Does anyone else see the accusatory look the basket is giving me for leaving it out?

Attachments

• ChillStar.jpg
    ChillStar.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 599
I had been meaning to post this gem for awhile. nothing like missing a slam-dunk tap-in. the course is called The Path DGC located in Saraland Alabama. Its going to be a fun one to review.

attachment.php

Those green-leafed plants are magnolias --- its likely they want those to mature, as they are iconic southern trees. Or maybe a future jailhouse basket? :\

Last edited:
Those green-leafed plants are magnolias --- its likely they want those to mature, as they are iconic southern trees. Or maybe a future jailhouse basket? :\

sounds like a basket with a only one way to putt at it on the course. One I played in Erie State Park New York called Shipwreck Cove is one that has a basket way more open then that but still a only one side to putt into the basket. It will suck when the large tree way to close to the basket dies on the course I have played. I do think at the course you are reviewing they might want to kill the tree at least and move the Magnolias to a better location, even better move the basket while they still can or they will have to put a second new pin placement in with new basket for the course, not just a new pin placement.

Last edited:
I admit it looks ridiculously tight even for a jailhouse-style basket. Lake Stevens Park in WA has well-constructed homemade baskets that can only be putted into from one side---really annoying, but it makes a small, simple course much more difficult.

Basket (7) the Path. in or out?
Dont adjust your screen, the trees are indeed growing threw the basket.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 52341897_317017118945728_5913601128238415872_n.jpg
    52341897_317017118945728_5913601128238415872_n.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 601
Rules aside, why any self respecting TD/disc golf club/course regular would allow a situation like that to exist in the first place is beyond me. Seems like an easy fix.

Some locals to area, stated that they had offered to help, but the church turned them away. 3 baskets had trees growing in them. Some trees seemed to have been growing for at least 5 years. Every course needs at least one caretaker. i'm fairly certain i was the first player here in over a year.

Some locals to area, stated that they had offered to help, but the church turned them away. 3 baskets had trees growing in them. Some trees seemed to have been growing for at least 5 years. Every course needs at least one caretaker. i'm fairly certain i was the first player here in over a year.

Ahh...thats a situation I didn't even consider I guess. Odd that a property owner would not want free help to maintain a course. What a weird world we live in...

Not maintaining (or even allowing volunteers to maintain) such obvious issues seems to indicate they want to discourage people from playing it.

Not saying they need to make things immaculate, but I can't help but wonder why they wouldn't allow that stuff to be pruned,so as not to interfere with the basket.

#thumber putts