• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Your Disc Golf Injury Pics :thmbup:

PT has been going very well, with consistent improvement. Actually got some truly meaningful work accomplished today, which really kept my mind occupied and never noticed any pain while I was working.

I can't shower enough praise on the staff of Ascension Providence Hospital in Novi... they've been great!
And while I wouldn't recommend taking a date here for dinner, the food is actually enjoyable.

Being transferred to a skilled nursing/rehab facility about 1-2 miles from my son's place tomorrow at 10am.

I hope that place is nearly as good as Providence was!

Special shout out to those who work in patient care as a profession: I have a complete and newfound respect for what you do. Nurses, PTC's, PT's, OT's... all of them.

Thankful for the surgeon who allowed me to walk again, but even more thankful for those who do their absolute best for me while I'm basically an invalid.

As well as all the jokes and support from thr DGCR crew. As bad as this was, I really feel like one lucky @$$ mother-discer. :)

PT has been going very well, with consistent improvement. Actually got some truly meaningful work accomplished today, which really kept my mind occupied and never noticed any pain while I was working.

I can't shower enough praise on the staff of Ascension Providence Hospital in Novi... they've been great!
And while I wouldn't recommend taking a date here for dinner, the food is actually enjoyable.

Being transferred to a skilled nursing/rehab facility about 1-2 miles from my son's place tomorrow at 10am.

I hope that place is nearly as good as Providence was!

Special shout out to those who work in patient care as a profession: I have a complete and newfound respect for what you do. Nurses, PTC's, PT's, OT's... all of them.

Thankful for the surgeon who allowed me to walk again, but even more thankful for those who do their absolute best for me while I'm basically an invalid.

As well as all the jokes and support from thr DGCR crew. As bad as this was, I really feel like one lucky @$$ mother-discer. :)

I am flying to central FL this weekend for some RnR and DG for a week.
I am already 59 y/o and this story has me slightly worried,
I have not thrown a disc since early November. The courses down there are really flat, so hopefully no inclines for me to slip down.

I have not thrown a disc since early November. The courses down there are really flat, so hopefully no inclines for me to slip down.

No doubt in my mind I had a VERY freak accident, and got caught in the perfect storm. Something about the way the ground gave way, in just the wrong part of my gate, and it was "BogeyNotForAFewMonths." :\

I won't let this stop me from playing new and exciting courses, and neither should you.

I suppose it would be smarter to play fewer solo rounds, but a partner or even a group really wouldn't have prevented (or lessened the severity of) this injury. I simply would had gotten help sooner.

Last edited:
I probably play 90% of my rounds solo...
Cell is on my cart if needed.

Few years ago I had a minor accident playing a solo round. While crossing a creek on make shift bridge made from pallets and logs, one of the pallet pieces gave way and one leg went through. The other leg folded and down I went. Fortunately I had my Ridge Roller cart and was able to hang on to it. After some analysis of my situation, I realized I was not seriously hurt and used the cart to eventually pull/leverage myself out of the hole. Probably took 20 minutes or so to get off the "bridge". Rested for a while at next tee and finished the round (basically had to walk in that direction to parking lot) slowly. There were no other vehicles in the lot when I arrived at course and no vehicles in the lot when I left. My cell phone was on the cart, but I never considered calling for help since I didn't feel I was injured. Some really nice scratches and muscles bending in ways they haven't in many years. Was really sore for a day or two. Could feel it for a couple weeks after.

I won't let this stop me from playing new and exciting courses, and neither should you.

Best wishes on the physical therapy! PT is no fun but stick with the process. :)

I was going to say, "Take it one step at a time," but considering you blew up both legs, it'll be two steps at a time for you. :| :|

Being old and fragile, I consider walking across any surface, a potential injury. Including a carpeted living room.

I once injured my knee falling off a nearly-stationary bicycle. I rushed surgery so I could play at Throw Down the Mountain, and sweated walking up and down those cliffs (central Florida may be flat, but there are exceptions). I survived the tournament, but as I was standing around the 18th green, waiting for my carpool to finish theirs, I turned and my knee buckled, and I laid in excruciating pain for 15 minutes. So there are no guarantees.

Oh, and a few years later, I was walking across a carpeted floor with the lights off, and walked right into the side of a sofa I'd misjudged the position of, tearing my meniscus.

So, I say, stay slightly worried, but don't let it stop you.

Best wishes on the physical therapy! PT is no fun but stick with the process. :)

I was going to say, "Take it one step at a time," but considering you blew up both legs, it'll be two steps at a time for you. :| :|

It's better when the therapists are easy on the eyes.

*Feels like IS a dirty old man*

I'm so much younger than the other patients at this rehab facility, I feel out of place.

Half of me thinks it would be fun to fake having dementia, just to see what happens. Pretty sure I could pull it off.

I'm so much younger than the other patients at this rehab facility, I feel out of place.

Half of me thinks it would be fun to fake having dementia, just to see what happens. Pretty sure I could pull it off.

Clearly you haven't watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest....

Well, it's not like I had two kids by myself.
picture.php

Latest posts