• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Your Unique DG Terminology

TheBeardedFatGuy

Birdie Member
I think every group of players who get together regularly come up with their own terms for certain things. here's a couple my buddies and I have started using regularly.

Arboeal game - when your disc is determined to hit ever tree on the course.

A wunken - a hole where you get two OBs. This is a Star Wars geek's term...OB - wunken - OB? Sound it out, you'll get it eventually.

What are your unique terms?

Can't claim these as my own....mostly borrowed/stolen from some of the Chitown crew....won't hear these too often, though. :thmbup:

Lava = blind trouble off the fairway. Usage: "You ran that elevated pin position? Dontcha know there's LAVA back there?!"

HIV Leg = the effects of poison ivy, ticks, chiggers, et al. Usage: "Baby don't worry about that rash, it's just a lil' HIV Leg!"

totally un-unique but everyone's had it - "PBS"

Post Birdie Syndrome - where you had a great birdie and are feeling great then the next hole is a disaster (usually a shank right off the tee).

I came up with a new term this past weekend after playing bad in a tournament.
I didn't get bogeys I got "double birdies" on the holes I shot a four on. :rolleyes: :p

If someone in my group chains-out on a putt we call it "getting Dick Cheney'd"

Hit a tree dead on and disc falls to ground- Treenied
Hit a tree disc goes away from intended line- Treejected
Hit a tree and disc heads toward basket- Treebound

Anytime a branch unseen knocks a disc out of the air, my group of guys always say sniper!
Though not the most PC a good shot out of the woods I've heard called a gay shot. as you're "coming out"
When someone throws a shot into oblivion and it ends up being an incredibly lucky and great shot, I call it going Robert Frost

That's all I got

Upon hitting a branch, one line I've heard is, "You got a message from the branch office. Treenied!"

Hit the chastity belt: Ring Wraith
Squashed by the wind: Wind Wraith
Lifted by the wind: Spirit Blessing
Walking in front of players as they throw: Adam. EG: "Don't be an Adam." ;)

One floating around north of the border; when you get a good kick off of a tree, "Thank you Treesus"

Birgey - Should have been a birdie, but turned into a bogie. A birgie, is in fact, much like a Fergie. Everything that should be good is all there, but somehow when it's all thrown together it doesn't look as good as you wanted it to.

totally un-unique but everyone's had it - "PBS"

Post Birdie Syndrome - where you had a great birdie and are feeling great then the next hole is a disaster (usually a shank right off the tee).

My dad plays a ton of bolf and calls these FUAB's - F*ck Up After Birdie

Birgey - Should have been a birdie, but turned into a bogie. A birgie, is in fact, much like a Fergie. Everything that should be good is all there, but somehow when it's all thrown together it doesn't look as good as you wanted it to.

We call those blowgies. Blown duece to bogey

99- when you throw an awesome looking shot incredibly off target. Named after Rick 'wild thing' Vaughan from major league.

Wow, you really 99ed that one, have to go digging in the grass.

Mudding- throwing rollers on bad terrain.

The only direct route was to go missing under those trees.

Throwing your purse- throwing an underpowered shot resulting in a less than ideal result.

OB on a 30 footer? Really threw your purse at that one.

Worm burner- a drive that noses down and plows into the ground on a full power rip

Lumberjack- a player who hits trees on consecutive throws

Paul Bunyan- a player who hits multiple trees on a single throw