• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

I don't find the C-PD overlaps with the firebird much unless you have one of the very flat, very stiff, very overstable PDs. It will feel like a firebird in the hand if you do. On the other hand, if you have one with a bit of dome to it, it can definitely take the place of an eagle or teebird. The bag setup I am using for worlds is:

KC Aviars (+1 super flippy PnA Aviar)
DX and KC Rocs
One Comet for turnovers/hyzerflips (in place of a cracked dx ontario roc
S-PD x4 (slightly flippy to stable)
P-PD (flippy)
C-PD (flat, slightly overstable and longer than a firebird)
CFR Glow Firebirds (super overstable, much shorter than the C-PD, longer for thumbers)
Star Wraith (Slightly flippy)
Destroyers x3

I am quite happy with it at the moment, especially considering I am really only using about 6 molds. (Wraith and destroyer are very similar.)

I am gonna get a PD, what should I get? I usually can throw a wraith 400' or more on a good rip. How would a C PD fly for me? Roughly speaking of course.

At that power level, my guess is that a CPD will be straight with strong fade, an SPD will have a little turn but enough fade to fight back even in a moderate headwind, and a PPD will be a nice straight disc out of the box that will turn over with a little wear.

The c-pd and the Firebird are two totally different discs. yes the pd is overstable, but can be used as replacement (for accuracy reasons) for a boss/destroyer/nuke/etc etc. Im not getting it much past 500 ft if at all, but i do get it in the higher 400's, which is all i need on any golf course. I have made the switch to where the PD is my go to MAX D disc.(although i do have a Force for MASSIVE headwinds) I sacrifice some distance, but not enough for me not throw it on max distance lines on the GOLF COURSE. I also use my PD in a Headwind when i want to throw a teebird.

Last edited:
Gave my new 150 g S-PD a pretty good workout today. It has a good amount of turn to it, but always faded back. The turn may have also just been a poor release point because it is my lightest disc. At the end of my round, though (which was on a new course that required a good amount of hiking and was damn tiring), the light weight was a godsend. And, it just seemed to give easy distance. Thumbs up.

just got 3 PPDs in the mail from DGC, and they are very nice starish/pro blend. Not nearlly as understable as my board stiff PDs out of the box.

Gave my new 150 g S-PD a pretty good workout today. It has a good amount of turn to it, but always faded back. The turn may have also just been a poor release point because it is my lightest disc. At the end of my round, though (which was on a new course that required a good amount of hiking and was damn tiring), the light weight was a godsend. And, it just seemed to give easy distance. Thumbs up.

I've had a similar experience with the PD's. Probably the only disc I've used that I would say is truly "instant distance" for noodle arms.

Hey,

I'm really interested in trying out PD's. I currently throw:

175g Champ Firebird ~330ft
172g Champ Teebird and 175g Echo Star Teebird ~350ft
175g GL River and 175g Opto River ~350ft

I was wondering what PD's could possible replace the discs I listed. I am more interested in what PD's (Weight and Plastic) you would recommend to someone like me to try them out for the first time.

Thank you.

Hey,

I was wondering what PD's could possible replace the discs I listed. I am more interested in what PD's (Weight and Plastic) you would recommend to someone like me to try them out for the first time.

Thank you.

You're actually not that different from me on distances. I don't use a PD as a firebird replacement but I did use them to replace teebirds and Rivers. I only care two PDs right now. One is a P-PD (170ish) that I use for my straighter/turnover shots (i.e. replacement for a river and/or a beat teebird). The second is a 170ish C-PD that I use for flat shots with no turn and a decent fade (i.e. a replacement for a fresh teebird).

Hey,

Thank you.

im not so sure its wise to replace any of those with any type of pd...although i would, from personal experience suggest supplementing those drivers with a pd or 2. if you must replace one, i guess i would say the teebird...but i would get an array of pd's in different plastics and weights to your liking to simulate those same teebird lines...

im not so sure its wise to replace any of those with any type of pd...although i would, from personal experience suggest supplementing those drivers with a pd or 2. if you must replace one, i guess i would say the teebird...but i would get an array of pd's in different plastics and weights to your liking to simulate those same teebird lines...

What plastics and weights would you recommend? I was thinking of getting 2 S-PD's. A 150g S-PD and a 168-170g S-PD.

Just got to throw my new 166 gram P-PD some in the field. On throws about 400 feet, thrown flat it would turnover slightly and still come back to the left at the end (rhbh). It wasn't very nose angle sensitive for me, and seemed to still have some forgiveness on those accidental pop ups. It had a lot more glide than I expected, and could be bombed on high s-curves.

I recently lost my Champ Orc would this disc be a good/better replacement? I have a gap between a Champ Teebird and Champ Wraith. The Orc was in between them. If this is a good replacement what weight and plastic? The Orc was 169g but I have no problem with any weight. Thanks!
PS I can hit 440' with my Destroyer if that helps any.

Last edited:
i got my very first cfr cpd back the other day. i had given it to a friend and then got it back since it wasnt being used. its still overstable but being beat in its just super straight with that healthy fade. im happy to have it back :)