• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

I got 15 PD's in the mail today from a trade.

My buddy and I are gonna pick a couple out this evening, then the rest will be seen in the marketplace...soon.

Any specific requests, shoot me a PM. There are P-PD's, S-PD's, C-PD's, Test configs, etc...no pearlys tho :(

Will an S-PD flip off a hyzer? I have a C-PD that won't, but I like the mold and want something more understable, but not something crazy flippy. S or P-line?

Will an S-PD flip off a hyzer? I have a C-PD that won't, but I like the mold and want something more understable, but not something crazy flippy. S or P-line?

No. You could beat one to being flippy, but it will take a long time. The River you have listed in your sig seems the most logical choice for hyzer flipping, but the Wraith and Teebird will both do the job too if they're beat up. The TD by Discmania is another obvious choice, but it too will probably require a little seasoning.

yeah ..my advice would be to get a ppd and beat it in if u want a flippy pd.some are a little less hss out the box but to get it to be that flippy,itll take some whoopins. i have a 2 1/2 yr old spd in the bag still and its not roller by any means but its super straight with hardly any fade

Neither the P or S flip from a hyzer to flat. The P will sooner than the S for sure though. I have both a P and an S that will flip. The P is about 8 months old, and the S is a couple years old. If you can throw a micro-hyzer, you'll have more success.

Like the above poster said, go with the TD or the FD if you're looking for flip. Granted, both of those discs don't really "lock into" straight the way the PD does. Think a more predictable Sidewinder.

Sorry, I was typing that in a meeting.

I wanted to say that when new, neither flip from a hyzer on their own. The PD is a disc meant to be thrown flat honestly. As it beats up, it will get some turn. The P's do make good hyzer flip discs (as do the S's when they're really, really beat), but it takes a while.

Sorry, I was typing that in a meeting.

I wanted to say that when new, neither flip from a hyzer on their own. The PD is a disc meant to be thrown flat honestly. As it beats up, it will get some turn. The P's do make good hyzer flip discs (as do the S's when they're really, really beat), but it takes a while.

I'm starting figure this out. ;)

yeah ..my advice would be to get a ppd and beat it in if u want a flippy pd.some are a little less hss out the box but to get it to be that flippy,itll take some whoopins. i have a 2 1/2 yr old spd in the bag still and its not roller by any means but its super straight with hardly any fade

I wish I would have known this before I traded a first run PPD away. After this past weekend I realized that I need to get another one of these in my bag.

IDK where these HSS P-PD's can be found... The first one I got and the one I picked up a couple days ago both flip up from hyzer and s-curve from flat and a healthy fade when they slow. Marked 168, 171g. One of two go-to distance discs, P-PD for hyzerflips and S curves, Beast(s) for straight shots.

Conversely, my S-PD (167g) is still far too OS for my liking. I've played a couple overhand rounds with it and use it for big hyzers, but mostly it just sits in my bag while I throw TB's and stable Beasts. How much abuse do these generally take to season? I've put some gouges in the rim and split it a little along the parting line once and had to (hush hush) melt it back together and I still don't even get any headwind turn out of it - which is, admittedly, useful... but still!

from my findings,the stiffer ppds were a little understable out of the box.the softer poppy top ppds were hss like spds out of the box.

I also think the same thing. I got a couple PPDS from discgolfcenter and they are stiff and pretty understable. They hyzerflip like whoa and even S out a little. Super easy distance, just dont know how reliable they will be down the road.

i was throwing ppds when they came out and i loved them for super straight shots out of the box. then i scooped more on the second run and they were much more hss than the run before. so i dropped them shortly after my spds were breaking in. theyre good discs,its best to ask how the feel if u cant pick them out in person.

alot of people kind of look past it but the s line cds are very close to broken in spds or the good ppds. not to mention they kind of overlap with some of the tds.

Best advice I can give is to get a lighter weight SPD and a max weight PPD. Beat up the S as it will eventually replace the P. I just replaced my beat PPDs for SFDs. So I went from P, S, and C PD to SFD, SPD, max weight SPD, Glow FB

And I throw Destroyers.