• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

will and paul throw them. i believe avery just throws the pd2.

also,those cpds will was selling,were cfr fr cpds. the 40 dollar price tag wasnt too far off for what the cfr stamped cpds go for. 35ish.

I'm so glad I bought a broken in CFR-PD and gave it a fair tryout!
That and my broken in freak-stamped S-PD's have been my best backhand drivers lately. As a power thrower, the CFR-PD is just about the perfect disc to dial in predictable straight shots w/ good fade at the end, and long hyzers/spike hyzers. Not having broken it in myself, I wonder how long it'd take to break in a backup? Guess I could bring it to a rocky course...

On a side note, does anyone have a local retailer with pearly pink or blue C-PD's?

Aaaand, has anyone seen a stock-stamped black S-PD, esp. one that's not test config.?

seasoned cfr cpds are the **** greg. i used mine for a few months out here on some rocky courses and it beat it decently quick. it has just the right amount of turn to it but still has the healthy fade.

i havnt seen any black stock spds ...only the dgr stamped black spds

Verrrryy interesting, turn on a CFR-PD...hmmm.
Guess when I tried it sidearm I saw that and it held anny to the ground on a not-great shot for the hole, haha.

lol when i had broken it in ,i was throwing it in headwinds and it was turning some but not all the way to the ground. the new run cpds fly like broken in cfr's with better glide.

576B457B-8518-46DA-9FBA-9B6CB7410F19-75808-00006CDD00490B62.jpg

Woot!! Got hooked up by Mike Molnar at discgolfvalues.com! Emailed to see if they had any white or pink S-PD's in a lower weight. He had these 4, first production run freaks so I scooped them up. All rainbow stamped and 168g with a nice mellow dome. The pinks are bright fluorescent..doesnt show well in the phone pic. Good on S-PD's now :D Thanks Mike!

I see patent #'s on the back, so it's first (CFR) run, flat, and very overstable, probably 175g, because the Merlot, blue, and purple transitionals were pretty much all max weight. Yeah, I'm obsessed with PD's now...thanks, Jozzz! haha

Edit: Oh yeah, just noticed the weight is visible, haha

Last edited:
Well I just got it last week and it was beautiful! I just had to have it as it was sitting on the shelf. I went back today to get another one but they where gone. :'( It is for real CFR?

I see patent #'s on the back, so it's first (CFR) run, flat, and very overstable, probably 175g, because the Merlot, blue, and purple transitionals were pretty much all max weight. Yeah, I'm obsessed with PD's now...thanks, Jozzz! haha

Edit: Oh yeah, just noticed the weight is visible, haha

I don't know about that. I had stock stamp PD's with the plus rims that were not from the CFR run and they all had pat. numbers. The 3rd run is the only run that I'm aware of without the pat. number tooling on the back.

Well I just got it last week and it was beautiful! I just had to have it as it was sitting on the shelf. I went back today to get another one but they where gone. :'( It is for real CFR?

Is it very flat, pretty stiff plastic, non-plus mold, patent #'s on back, rather than www.innovadiscs.com? Then, yeah, it's CFR. On rare occasions, you'll find 1 or 2 mixed in, maybe even with the newest shipments, if you're very lucky. So, chances are most or all of the others on that shelf were not CFR's, unless someone else saw that they were, and bought them all. Were they merlot, orange, blue, (I don't own any, but judging from the Will S. signature run, there were pink and yellow ones, too), and flat?

Very flat, idk about pat numbers but I think yes and very stiff. non plus. I believe there was a blue one too but not sure. This one just caught my eye and I had to get it.

Latest posts