• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

I see patent #'s on the back, so it's first (CFR) run, flat, and very overstable, probably 175g, because the Merlot, blue, and purple transitionals were pretty much all max weight. Yeah, I'm obsessed with PD's now...thanks, Jozzz! haha

Edit: Oh yeah, just noticed the weight is visible, haha

Lol! Damn, I created a monster! Flick is right, that's definitely a CFR/1R C-PD. Nice catch! CFRs are still floating around as regular stock, you just have to look carefully. I love my CFRs (I am currently cycling 3 of them) but I just picked up some 3rd Run C-PDs, and wow, I am impressed. Booter was right, they fly just like a beat CFR with more glide. Here's my current PD setup in my bag:
- Old Text Stamp S-line, beat for straight and anny drives
- CFR for wind duty and overhand shots
- 3rd Run C-line, tester/stable slot
- 1st Run, beat but still stable

i threw my pds alot this past weekend in some heavy swirly ass wind. prob 25/35 mph gusts. i threw my 3rd run cpd into headwinds and it performed perfect. i didnt even need to throw a cfr. the 3rd run just tracks a little right and still penetrates forward. i love them .

Yeah, just got a 3rd run in today, and even at 169, it didn't turn at almost full power, went straight for a while with nice forward fade. I had get more on my broken in CFR to go as far, and with that, it turned a little; definitely not something I want throwing RHBH with water on the right!

Booter, do you know what run Disc Nation has now? Last time I looked, they were all + rims, but that was a while ago. If they have any 3rd runs, I may have to stop by soon.

And we do get the 3rd runs but only 1-2 a shipment. They go quick if staff doesnt grab them first. I have only seen them ship 170-172g pearlies to DN.

Thanks, y'all. May swing by anyway, Z.:D

So, who does carry the 3rd runs, fwiw?

discoutfitters.com and discgolfvalues.com has them. Don't know of anybody else.

Mark at Disc Golf Values told me today that he has a few green and merlot 3rd runs in the 171g-172g range and some merlot 1st run CFR PD's in the 165g - 169g range.

On ebay, Hazardiscs and Strange Discs have a bunch, each.
Disc Golf Values has them, Dynamic Discs probably has some, too. Just e-mail them and specify that you want pearly ones. Some are mostly just pearly in the rim, while other have more pearl throughout the disc.

Now that my throw has been improving and I can actually handle my cpd I had a chance to throw it on Saturday..I was playing just before a storm hit and the winds picked it up about 30mph+. The shot put me within 20 feet of the basket but there was no way I could get a birdie with that wind.