• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

The newest run of C-Line PD are money. Not quite 1st run level but really nice.

I was throwing them yesterday in the 25 mph winds and they were holding nice and straight with that nice fade at the end.

Not dumpy like the super OS runs last year. Just nice reliable flights even in high gusty winds

Gummy plastic but firm plastic and just a slight dome. Really nice feeling in the hand. Exactly what a PD should feel like

last year's run (13th run) are firebird overstable but longer.

its a confusing thing, because sometimes I reach for my FAF brick firebird then think I don't want to torque over a sidearm and will then switch to a 13th run c PD and it'll be just as OS as a flight but sail 20-30ft further than I wanted to be.

its like an in-between disc... has utility disc (firebird overstability), but also has that sneaky PD forward distance too.

I want to kick out my FAF firebird and just bag a 13th run C PD because its the same overstability (to simplify my bag/molds), but I've gotten into trouble in the past not having that FAF firebird reliability when you really need to make sure of a distance limit.

last year's run (13th run) are firebird overstable but longer.

its a confusing thing, because sometimes I reach for my FAF brick firebird then think I don't want to torque over a sidearm and will then switch to a 13th run c PD and it'll be just as OS as a flight but sail 20-30ft further than I wanted to be.

its like an in-between disc... has utility disc (firebird overstability), but also has that sneaky PD forward distance too.

I want to kick out my FAF firebird and just bag a 13th run C PD because its the same overstability (to simplify my bag/molds), but I've gotten into trouble in the past not having that FAF firebird reliability when you really need to make sure of a distance limit.

Yeah last years run was just a freak of a disc. Super crazy OS but also longer than you expect. It didn't find a place in my bag. I don't even bag a utility anymore.

Bump to remind everyone that the newest run of C-Line PD is really good. Almost a 1st run, just a slightest of dome but flies so freaking nice.

So happy I can put the 1st run back in storage and avoid losing it.

Just recently started bagging any DM discs but I really really like the PD. Question for you guys, how do you know what run you buy? If the most recent run is good, how do I know that is the one I am getting?

Just recently started bagging any DM discs but I really really like the PD. Question for you guys, how do you know what run you buy? If the most recent run is good, how do I know that is the one I am getting?

Have to rely on the seller's knowledge. DM factory store will often post comments about the items in stock on their website.

They don't directly mark the run on the disc like Millennium does, I wish every company did that. Sometimes this forum can help based on user reviews once we've thrown the latest batch. if a mold is popular generally someone has old runs to compare it to and one of us is buying the new run.

If you're buying used there are some runs with easy to ID features, 1st run for example.

Have to rely on the seller's knowledge. DM factory store will often post comments about the items in stock on their website.

They don't directly mark the run on the disc like Millennium does, I wish every company did that. Sometimes this forum can help based on user reviews once we've thrown the latest batch. if a mold is popular generally someone has old runs to compare it to and one of us is buying the new run.

If you're buying used there are some runs with easy to ID features, 1st run for example.

i agree im surprised that marking the run numbers somehow havent caught on to moar manufacturers

specially for the pd if i just lost my beat spd and could find a least us run that would be close enough to replace it or if i wanted complete beef i could easily find one to satisfy that slot

So I was a big PD guy going back to my DGR roots and lately had been disappointed by the mold. I bought a few Lone Howls when they came out because I heard they were more like the PDs that I liked, but the one that I tried was very overstable. For whatever reason I finally tried the other two I ordered, and hot damn, they are just what I want my PDs to fly like. Now I am bummed that I didn't try them sooner so I could stock up on some of the better colored ones out there because the only thing I see left on the market is grass green or dead leaf brown. It just make me happy to know they still do know how to make the mold how I like it and hopefully the Lone Howl 2 will come out soon.

I wonder if they retooled the mold, and these are pressed from the original. It's confusing how much the PD has changed over the years. It's subtle, but runs from the last 5-8 years seem to have more turn and less glide.

I wonder if they retooled the mold, and these are pressed from the original. It's confusing how much the PD has changed over the years. It's subtle, but runs from the last 5-8 years seem to have more turn and less glide.

The first embossed run certainly didn't have any turn.

Eh... they didn't have the same high speed stability of the first runs. No glide, more dumpy. I left feeling disappointed.

the mold has always molded up different. each run is different. If anything the ones with dome (runs 5-12) were the most consistent C-Line PDs if you compare them to any other runs.

Runs 1, 2, 3, 4, 13 are the outliers.

That being said, whatever the newest, current run is (lets say 14 for now) is the best since runs 1 and 3.

It's almost a first run, it's really really good.

S-Line is a whole different thing. The run from last year was just wildly OS, it will be tame again at some point in the future. most S-Lines made thus far have been very straight with a forward fade.

The nature of this discs rim shape is going to make it very inconsistent from run to run. It's a very OS bottom with an "anhyzer" top (hate that name) and a sharp nose, any small different in PLH is going to be very pronounced.

I agree with what was said earlier, aside from a few outlier runs I think the differences aren't as drastic as what they're made out to be. Personally I typically have more than one pd in the bag at a time, so I actually prefer some minor variation to help distinguish why I carry them.

Years ago I'd carry a first run C line and it was pretty much used as a firebird. I also carried a seasoned s line that was the go to driver, and a P line that was more for hyzer flips and turnovers. After a couple of seasons the first run broke in enough where it got longer before it would fade, and in stronger headwinds would track a bit. At that point I put a firebird back in the bag, and reevaluated what discs I felt I've needed for which shots. Bagged third runs for a long time, seventh runs are also hidden gems in the C line pd world also. S lines have always been my personal favorite but they have their own variations also. G and P both (RIP) were great discs as well. I lost my go to seasoned S line about a year ago, didn't have one in similar condition in a backup box, and actually put a flat gummy C line cd2 in the bag to fill the gap. It's worked fairly well.

I think it boils down to the fact that all pd's are awesome, some do certain things better than others...won't argue that. Find the ones that fit into your game/bag and supplement the missing stuff around it. For me right now, the combo of firebird, pd, cd2, and roadrunner make up the high majority of my drives. Depending on the course I might add an extra disc or two of a certain mold or take one out, based on what I think I'll need.

^ pretty much the same here with the newest runs of C-Line PD being at the point where a 1st run starts to break in. Pretty sweet!

I bag a light and flat s-line CD3 to replace the p-line PD. It's nearly the same and a bit longer, a touch more fade at the end still. That will probably die off in another season or 2. and I like the flat s-line CD2 for straight sidearms and BH that I want to go the same distance as a PD but track right before fading. I also lost a beat in S-line and my replacement (from a good run before the most recent) isn't there yet, going to need another 2 years probably.

I eventually dropped the firebird for the FD3, it's more workable but just as reliable, I was only bagging the firebird for utility and I threw it once a month, it might go in for a tournament round but I can't justify the space in casual rounds.

I have always been very picky about high speed stability. It's why I throw Rocs over Buzzes, Firebirds over Felons, D1s over Destroyers, etc. When the PD came out it was great because it had the perfect (for me) combination of HSS, glide, and forward fade. Those with less arm speed might not notice it as much, but throwers looking for very specific attributes know that later runs simply do not do the same thing. There is a danger in believing in the "magic run", but the benchmark has been set, for better or worse.

discmania should start marking their run numbers on the discs

agree 1000%

I love a lot of DM products but consider Jussi has even stated they are intentionally a "limited" or "speciality release" company, they really need run identification on the discs themselves.

they can do it any creative way they want, it doesn't have to be 1.1, 1.2, etc.

Just some way of accurately knowing run x from run y, marked clearly on the disc.

agree 1000%

I love a lot of DM products but consider Jussi has even stated they are intentionally a "limited" or "speciality release" company, they really need run identification on the discs themselves.

they can do it any creative way they want, it doesn't have to be 1.1, 1.2, etc.

Just some way of accurately knowing run x from run y, marked clearly on the disc.

most dg store owners/employees have no clue either

with second hand sellers its like playing 20 questions with to even get in the ballpark of what it might be

Latest posts