• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

One of the new freak stamp s-lines, light blue with black stamp. I would say average dome compared to other 7 s-lines I've got. Not flat but not pop top.

The new Dark Maul 2 run is supposed to be flatter and a little more OS. Could be a good run for the forehand guys. I can't wait to get mine in.

I thought it was interesting how they offered white as a color for a "color glow" run of discs.

The new Dark Maul 2 run is supposed to be flatter and a little more OS. Could be a good run for the forehand guys. I can't wait to get mine in.

I thought it was interesting how they offered white as a color for a "color glow" run of discs.

I'm in, when are they supposed to be available?

If run 2 is like run 1 it's the best way to pick up an almost clone of a 1st run PD. highly recommend!

Are all of the new runs still (both S and C) mega beefy? I threw an embossed SPD in a headwind yesterday firm and flat. Went dead straight then dumped almost like a FB.

I still have two older penned SPDs, but if it's going to be difficult to replace those I may have to go back to thundys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are all of the new runs still (both S and C) mega beefy? I threw an embossed SPD in a headwind yesterday firm and flat. Went dead straight then dumped almost like a FB.

I still have two older penned SPDs, but if it's going to be difficult to replace those I may have to go back to thundys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not as bad as the last run, but still pretty overstable. The couple I got the plastic was really hard.

So the new PD's are beefy regardless of the plastic?
I have a few years old 170g P-line PD thats getting bit flippy, is there anything off the shelf that would have bit more stability but not meathooky?

So the new PD's are beefy regardless of the plastic?
I have a few years old 170g P-line PD thats getting bit flippy, is there anything off the shelf that would have bit more stability but not meathooky?

The last C-CD2 I picked up was surprising nice for this slot. Really straight with a consistent fade.

Lone Howl or new Dark Maul might work, but if you want to avoid a signature disc, try a C-CD2.

looks like i have one star freak stamp one left

are these worth a premium these days

The last C-CD2 I picked up was surprising nice for this slot. Really straight with a consistent fade.

Lone Howl or new Dark Maul might work, but if you want to avoid a signature disc, try a C-CD2.

Thanks for the tip, actually I already found a fresh PPD to accompany the worn out one so the situation's resolved.

Here is some comparison pictures between DM I and DM II. Haven't thrown DM II so can't comment on that yet but looking at the profile it should be more OS.

Attachments

• IMG_20200329_181228.jpg
    IMG_20200329_181228.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20200329_180523.jpg
    IMG_20200329_180523.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 97
How are your Dm1s holding up? My turquoise one scuffed pretty bad pretty quick. Also have one orange and one pink unthrown. Anyone see any difference in wear between colors?

The newest run of C-Line PD are money. Not quite 1st run level but really nice.

I was throwing them yesterday in the 25 mph winds and they were holding nice and straight with that nice fade at the end.

Not dumpy like the super OS runs last year. Just nice reliable flights even in high gusty winds

Gummy plastic but firm plastic and just a slight dome. Really nice feeling in the hand. Exactly what a PD should feel like

How are your Dm1s holding up? My turquoise one scuffed pretty bad pretty quick. Also have one orange and one pink unthrown. Anyone see any difference in wear between colors?

I think the color glow plastic is a bit softer than basic c-line plastic. At least it's more grippier. That's why I like it so much. Even though it's softer it's not affected the flight characteristics at all. My DM1 still flies almost as new.

I think the color glow plastic is a bit softer than basic c-line plastic. At least it's more grippier. That's why I like it so much. Even though it's softer it's not affected the flight characteristics at all. My DM1 still flies almost as new.

My DM1 has lost quite a bit of the initial stability. Out of the box it was overstable enough to almost overlap with my Firebirds. After a season of play it's got a more typical PD flight, straight with a hard finish. It's still an overstable disc but I can throw it quite a bit farther then I could new.

My DM1 has lost quite a bit of the initial stability. Out of the box it was overstable enough to almost overlap with my Firebirds. After a season of play it's got a more typical PD flight, straight with a hard finish. It's still an overstable disc but I can throw it quite a bit farther then I could new.

Mine has never been that overstable. Still stable enough to not flip in a headwind.

First round with the DM2. Initial reaction is that it's basically identical to DM1. It might be a touch more stable but that just might be because my DM1 little bit more beaten in. Nowhere near as stable as my Sexton Firebird. These Dark Mauls (DM1 and 2) might be my favorite PD's.

R8JVNEN

Sup! Can anyone tell if my well-seasoned PD is still legit to throw? Debated with my friends who said it's illegal to throw a disc with a rift like that, it turned into some sort of weapon.

Can't decide either I'm keeping it in my bag or retire it.

https://imgur.com/a/R8JVNEN

Last edited: