• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

i still love love love my pds. ive had the same s in my bag for almlst 2 1/2 years. still has some lss and is amazing. i usually carry 3 but most times i can get away with my beat s,fresh s. the cfr only comes out every so often.

its a shame the ppds arent like they used to be when they first came out. super straight with less lss than the sline. nice n soft with a good dome. i have one beat up p that never left but i dont ever use it because i have my qjls now.

if they made a pd-L i would probably toss that in the bag too. i guess an old ctd would be a pdL more or less.
can never have too many pds,i guess its time to try to squeeze in another :)

That's impressive. For comparison, what were you hitting pre-PD? I am just trying to decide if my low-powered arm should venture into this territory...

you can get p pds in the 150s also, i've got an orange one that is a ton of fun to throw. it's definitely my longest pd but the courses i play are pretty technical so i don't throw it a lot for fear of beating it in real quick.

That's impressive. For comparison, what were you hitting pre-PD? I am just trying to decide if my low-powered arm should venture into this territory...

For what it's worth, the P-PD is as manageable as my slower discs, but has a much higher distance potential. On a particular 350' hole I usually throw my TB at, I chucked my PD for comparison's sake. The sucker refused to drop out of the sky. The only thing that kept it from parking the hole is that it was still in the sky and hitting the tops of the trees when my TB typically fades out.

I'm excited to try it out on some longer holes or at the practice field to see how it all compares.

I may be alone, but the super, super stiff P PDs are my current favorite for big controlled distance. I have some of the earlier runs and some of those gummy pinks, but the stiff ones have a perfect dome and season so slowly. They're like old stiff dx drivers honestly.

Unfortunately, the only ones like this that I've seen were DGR stamped ones that Mark from Disc Golf Values did for me. Both Disc Golf World and Dynamic Discs have stores in KC and I've never seen a stiffy at either. Has anyone seen a PPD with a stock stamp that's rock hard?

Unfortunately, the only ones like this that I've seen were DGR stamped ones that Mark from Disc Golf Values did for me. Both Disc Golf World and Dynamic Discs have stores in KC and I've never seen a stiffy at either. Has anyone seen a PPD with a stock stamp that's rock hard?

The one's I got were super-stiff. But without having handled the ones you're talking about I'm not sure I can offer an exact comparison. But they definitely don't flex much at all.

I have a couple stiff P-PD with the free stock stamp. I keep trying to find the stiff ones, but the last couple I have gotten feel like S line PD's. The stiff ones are straight with a predictable fade. The PD has become my only driver in my bag. After only throwing the PD for the past couple years, the wide rimmed drivers feel foreign in my hand and I dont throw the wide rimmed much farther.

I have one of the CFR Big D pds and I love it, but its hard to find backups for it. How would the new 12x with the kenny stamp compare? Ive been thinking of trying those. I mainly use it for spike hyzers and utility shots.

I have one of the CFR Big D pds and I love it, but its hard to find backups for it. How would the new 12x with the kenny stamp compare? Ive been thinking of trying those. I mainly use it for spike hyzers and utility shots.

You can expand your hunt to include any patent number tooled C-Lines if you want backups that match your Big Ds.

Climo has a PD now? What plastic? Anyone have a pic?

What i meant was the new 12x firebirds with the kenny stamp

What i meant was the new 12x firebirds with the kenny stamp

Unless you're maxing out at like 200' there wouldn't really be a comparison between a pd and a 12x firebird.

If utility/spike hyzer is the role you're looking to fill firebird would be my choice.

Unless you're maxing out at like 200' there wouldn't really be a comparison between a pd and a 12x firebird.

If utility/spike hyzer is the role you're looking to fill firebird would be my choice.

Im talking about the CFR Big D pds which are much more overstable than the production run C PDs. They are super flat and overstable and dont fly like a true pd

I have 1 Big D CFR PD in my bag, it is an overstable pig. Dont use it unless there is wind or I need it to turn early. I have a couple of the patent numbered ones that are as overstable as the Big D PD's. When I traded for them I thought they were going to be regular C Line PD's. I was really excited when they showed up.

Im talking about the CFR Big D pds which are much more overstable than the production run C PDs. They are super flat and overstable and dont fly like a true pd

Ah I see. I've only thrown production run C's and S's. Well just based on availability I'd go with 12x's. Being able to pick up a replacement/backup the day you need it is priceless :)
Especially for something simple like a utility disc, most of us already carry enough hard to replace drivers lol.

I have 1 Big D CFR PD in my bag, it is an overstable pig. Dont use it unless there is wind or I need it to turn early. I have a couple of the patent numbered ones that are as overstable as the Big D PD's. When I traded for them I thought they were going to be regular C Line PD's. I was really excited when they showed up.

What do these look like? All the production ones ive seen fly like teebirds. same production stamp? Id love to have all my driving duties to one mold

For what it's worth, the P-PD is as manageable as my slower discs, but has a much higher distance potential. . .

What Phenn says is exactly my experience. Pre-PD, I was lucky to hit 320 each time. I still only hit about 320-40 with my S-PD, but my P-PD SAILS... A good comparison would be my ESP Avenger which I no longer use (thank the S-PD). Besides having to really put some umph into it to get that 320 mark, it wasn't very reliable. I find the PD is much more forgiving of nose angle issues...perhaps the most forgiving for a slightly overstable disc of its speed range.

I bought a DX teebird recently to try them out again, but I ended up pulling them because I really don't need a disc between my Stalkers and PDs...the PD powers down so well and has a very similar flight.

Latest posts