• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Like the disc too much not to post

So after reading the praises of the PD, I figured I'd get some and try them out. I was pleasantly pleased with the results, and instead of starting a new thread I figured I'd resurrect this one.

I'm not a big arm--I throw TB's around 300'. I've been hesitant with faster drives simply because I don't know that they'd be helpful or useful. The PD was definitely a good choice.

I have a 167 P-PD that flies great lines, has a slight bit of turn, will snap up to flat from a hyzer and has about 30' on my TB. The 175 P-PD holds great hyzer lines and laughs at wind.

I just wanted to chime in and say that PD's are definitely useful even for smaller arms like mine. I don't have to "fight" the disc and am as consistent with it as with my TB's.

From what it sounds like, the S and C lines are different beasts altogether. So: would it be worth getting a lighter (165-ish) S-PD for when my max weight P-line breaks in? Or should I just stick to P-PD's?

I carry all three plastics. I like a broken in PPD for turnover lines and long hyzer flips, my SPD is stable enough to handle a good amount of wind but still flips up and rides straight a long way before fading, and my CPD is great for shots that can't afford any turn or need a stronger fade/skip.

pick up a C-PD for just a tad more stability.

I carry all three plastics. I like a broken in PPD for turnover lines and long hyzer flips, my SPD is stable enough to handle a good amount of wind but still flips up and rides straight a long way before fading, and my CPD is great for shots that can't afford any turn or need a stronger fade/skip.

Great! Thanks. That's what I needed to know. I really like the idea of a single mold that covers most (if not all) of the shots I need, and I'm hoping the PD is it for me.

I love my PD's, i have a max weight s-line and c-line that both bomb. If they had a touch more glide there would be no need for destroyer's or boss's or anything faster other than something super OS for the wind duties. They hold an anny beautifully where the land perfectly flat or thrown higher it'll fade back for a huge flex shot.

Really solid solid disc.

I replaced all my hyper speed drivers with PDs and haven't looked back. They really are that great...I recently added Destroyers only for windy days where I need max distance. After reading this, I'm going to try a P-Line for max distance. Maybe it will replace my CE Valks in the bag?

I currently have:

150g S-Line Flippy
170g S-Line New
172g S-Line beat and perrrrrfect
172g C-Line 1st Run OS duties
172g S-Line 1st Run Wall hanger

S & P pd's definitely have a touch more stability to them.
I would recommend one of each, a lighter S that'll turn into your workhorse driver and a heavier C that will fill the stable driver/wind fighter role. Keep the P for long bomb type throws and you've got 99% of your shots covered.

Way Different

It's interesting to read about your P-PD - it sounds nothing like my S-PD. I'm convinced the P-PD and S-PD are almost different molds - the S-line is every bit as stable as a Firebird-L. I hyzer flip almost everything and this thing has too much HSS for that even after 3 months of breaking in and some fairly major war wounds by now. It's my OS control driver with a Star Teebird and Striker rounding out my control drivers.

So after reading the praises of the PD, I figured I'd get some and try them out. I was pleasantly pleased with the results, and instead of starting a new thread I figured I'd resurrect this one.

I'm not a big arm--I throw TB's around 300'. I've been hesitant with faster drives simply because I don't know that they'd be helpful or useful. The PD was definitely a good choice.

I have a 167 P-PD that flies great lines, has a slight bit of turn, will snap up to flat from a hyzer and has about 30' on my TB. The 175 P-PD holds great hyzer lines and laughs at wind.

I just wanted to chime in and say that PD's are definitely useful even for smaller arms like mine. I don't have to "fight" the disc and am as consistent with it as with my TB's.

From what it sounds like, the S and C lines are different beasts altogether. So: would it be worth getting a lighter (165-ish) S-PD for when my max weight P-line breaks in? Or should I just stick to P-PD's?

Hmm, every S line PD I've thrown (6 so far) has had some flip up from hyzer even when new though they don't want to turn past flat and have a good strong fade.

It's interesting to read about your P-PD - it sounds nothing like my S-PD. I'm convinced the P-PD and S-PD are almost different molds - the S-line is every bit as stable as a Firebird-L. I hyzer flip almost everything and this thing has too much HSS for that even after 3 months of breaking in and some fairly major war wounds by now. It's my OS control driver with a Star Teebird and Striker rounding out my control drivers.

My 175g Spd is the same way, I definitely don't have to worry about it flipping on me. But I play a windy course so I like it.

Hmm, every S line PD I've thrown (6 so far) has had some flip up from hyzer even when new though they don't want to turn past flat and have a good strong fade.

My s-line got a massive headwind halfway down the fairway on one of the longer holes here that made it turn and burn ob. Really irked me but i knew it was a fluke.

Yup--the 167 P-PD I throw flies exactly like my flat, 171, Star T-Bird. Flips up from hyzer, flies forever long, and fades consistently. The max weight P-PD will flip up for me but not as fast and it likes hyzer. Both discs have really consistent fade--my TB won't come back if I get it turned over, but the PD's will flex pretty well.

I picked up a C-line PD 171 g to try after the new striker I bought was incredibly overstable. I am growing to like it more and more every round. I throw eagles as a fairway and the PD is the next step up for me. Hopefully as it beats in a bit it will get longer for me.

Where's Timko when you need him?

Here!

Ok, i currently carry 4 PDs, but the FD has replaced 3 of the ones I'd generally carry. So if I wasn't carrying FD's, here's what my PD selection would loook like. My max D with my Ps is probably somewhere around 400'. In the past month it seems like I've gotten some of my distance back. Generally, I throw PDs from 300' to 380'. I do use them for bigger downhill shots (I throw a slightly broken in PD at #1 at Waterworks in the long position, which is 505').

Ps
1 super flippy: rollers, finesse shots
1 slightly broken in stiff P: serious max d shots, big anhyzers, straight distance
1 new softer P: controlled flex shots, hyzer flip shots with a little fade at the end.

Ss
1 broken in yellow champystar: good HSS without a ton of LSS. It's good for shallow hyzers and flat shots.
1 broken in red champystar: less HSS with similar LSS. Anhyzers, hyzer flips; shots I need to work.
1 slightly used 2nd run white: tons of HSS with good LSS. Hyzers, flat shots that need fade, into the wind distance

Cs
1 CFR: wind shots, spike hyzers.

Right now, I carry the broken in stiff P, the broken in yellow S, a new red S that I'm trying to break in to replace the one I lost, and the CFR. Once the red breaks in I'll put a white S back in the bag.

150 class s line pds are amazing, if you want an s line without the beefiness i'd suggest picking one up. my 150 s line flies almost identical to my 172 gummy p line, but actually resists wind better.

i recently lost my 168g s line that was getting seasoned to perfection. it started out firebird overstable, so it got mainly used for forehand and tomahawk shots and started beating in that way. the plastic was really stiff. i stocked up on a bunch of f2's from the factory store and all of the s lines i received were a lot softer plastic. i'm curious to see if it starts out as beefy as my old s line.

I'm glad Phenn resurrected this thread....

I bought two recently, one P and one S...

May I say that if this disc were a woman, I'd be a polygamist and marry all of them...THEY'RE INCREDIBLE. The S is just like a long teebird...in fact, I think it's more versatile given the speed and power down ability. And the P is crazy long....Most effortless distance I've gotten.

I'm glad Phenn resurrected this thread....

I bought two recently, one P and one S...

May I say that if this disc were a woman, I'd be a polygamist and marry all of them...THEY'RE INCREDIBLE. The S is just like a long teebird...in fact, I think it's more versatile given the speed and power down ability. And the P is crazy long....Most effortless distance I've gotten.

What would you say a regular distance with the P is for you?