• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Actually, JL is an informal name for a type of C-line (perhaps every current in-production Champion plastic); hence - the C-line printed on every Champion disc produced for Discmania by Innova, and the Champion still printed on every Champion disc produced ... by Innova. There are no "non C-line (champion)" JL discs - and JL never 'replaced' Champion; it IS Champion.

JL is the new C line, there are no discs marked "JL". All champion plastic discs are "C"

Last edited:
So if someone is talking about a c line, it could be old champion, not jl. Saying jl designates you are talking about a recent run, which are different than old champion c line

Those patent # SPDs have really been enough on the OS end for me except on the windiest days. Flat Yellows and reds are both solidly OS.

Really liking the PPD. Controlled max distance for me. Working some SPDs into the mix but its gonna take a long time for them to beat in from what I read.

I heard a while back when Jolly Launcher was first put out(Between Totem birds and Brinster birds) that Jolly Launcher is just "fresh" plastic pellets. Innova had been using 'expired' or old pellets for years and when they started using fresher pellets the plastic still had some of the gumminess left. Not sure if true or not, but yea.. Jolly Launcher is just a silly name for gummy Champion, C-Line, or Quantum plastic.

Jolly Launcher is the nickname for their current Champion plastic. It doesn't have to be gummy or even clear. At least that's what Eric at the Factory Store told me over the phone when I asked him about it (I asked him about it because my CS Cheetah is pearly and opaque but JL). He told me that the clarity of the plastic is more than just the pellets they put in the hopper. There are a lot of factors that affect the finished product, just like how different PLHs can be from run to run.

Now he could be blowing smoke out of my backside, but it was a very frank conversation. I have no reason to suspect he was lying otherwise I wouldn't make this post every time I see this discussion show up.

Star Starfire vs. S-PD, anyone thrown the two side by side? Anyone bagged both of these at different points and had one win out? I have a super flat SSF that has been exactly what I was looking for, but I was thinking about bagging an S-PD prior to getting my hands on the SF.

Except ... it's still C-line; as evidenced by the lack of name change. C-line didn't replace C-line; unless you think JL isn't C-line. LOL

Notroman and others here been calling older plastic C-Line and the new plastic JL.

I don't get the rambling either.

While we are on the subject of c line anyone throw 3rd runs or gotten any of the new release ones from the factory store?

Star Starfire vs. S-PD, anyone thrown the two side by side? Anyone bagged both of these at different points and had one win out? I have a super flat SSF that has been exactly what I was looking for, but I was thinking about bagging an S-PD prior to getting my hands on the SF.

threw both at one time, took the star out of the bag when it flipped in the wind and my pd didnt.

Latest posts