• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Got my Avery CGC-PDs in and oh boy am I excited! The metallic blue stamp is exactly what I expect from Color Glow Champion, but the silver shatter stamp has striations that makes it look like Blizzard. Still registers 175g on the scale, but the feel and look definitely make me think it's Bliz. Strange.

Anyway, they are exactly like I expect. Slightly gummy feeling Champ plastic that is just a tad less overstable than a regular C-Line. I think the comparison to a fresh S-line is dead on. I'm loving the feel and flight (not that it's much different than my S-Line PDs) and this helps to get almost all of my primary discs to Color Glow. No more changing bags for night-time glow tourneys that are so fun this time of year.

That may be, Bart. I have stacks of S-PDs, so I have fresh ones to compare to, but I haven't purchased a new one in about a year - since Supreme Flight had Sexton signing discs after his USDGC win.

I lost my old beat-in S-line and picked up a new one to try and replace it. Holy s*** is it overstable. It will take me 5 years to beat this thing into a straight flyer. Maybe I'm getting old and need to start throwing CD's instead.

Maybe not the new run of SPD though.. those are almost as beefy as the new C-line run. I would put these Dark Mauls as less stable than new S-lines

Yeah I just picked up a 170 g S-PD off discgolfcenter and it's one of the beefiest I've thrown.

It's purple one in comparison to a good stability S-Line from a few years ago.

Got an S-PD in the discmania duel thing in Lynchburg yesterday. Had a weird dome with no shoulder really, and was ridiculously overstable. So here is one more data point for super beefy new s-PDs.

I tried to figure it out some in a field after the event and it got dark and I lost it. Not sure how sad I am about it cause it was doing me dirty all day.

Looks domey too, amirite?

Got an S-PD in the discmania duel thing in Lynchburg yesterday. Had a weird dome with no shoulder really, and was ridiculously overstable. So here is one more data point for super beefy new s-PDs.

I tried to figure it out some in a field after the event and it got dark and I lost it. Not sure how sad I am about it cause it was doing me dirty all day.

That's a decent description. Not grossly domey but it's flat at the wing and then pops up towards the center. Feels find in the hand but is beefy for sure.

I like the way my new one feels, so I'm just carrying it around while I play and chucking it into random objects. We'll see how long it takes to get to a decent straight-ish flyer.

Grady Shue swirly S-Line PD coming on Monday!

safe_image.php

https://www.discmania.net/blogs/dis...iMgMiWPss_SbQkEetqwW8bcsOjwF42ko27a2EQzJ1ptrY

Hey look, I double-bumped this thread. Oh well!

So thought experiment time - I was thinking about checking out a very light weight disc to rip on for distance, but I have never been a big fan of bubble plastic, especially the newer stuff with the bubbles in the rim. I have considered MVP fission plastic, but that's for a different thread.

I was thinking to myself, how can I combine very low weight for added distance without sacrificing all my control in the process? I really want something to lean into in calm conditions and throw Simon-style monster hyzer lines.

That's when I took a closer look at inflight and realized that the PD might be perfect for this - narrow rim to speed ratio, so I can go real light even in champ (found them <150g in C on infinite just now) without needing to go blizzard.

The question is, has anyone tried these super lightweight CPDs? Do they fly like a PD should in calm conditions?

Anyone else try these super light C-PDs?

With the moving sale, I picked up two more G-PDs. While I am glad they are not wildly popular, ensuring they are not out of stock if I need to pick up a new one, I am worried they are not popular enough and they will drop the plastic line. The G-PDs are awesome fresh. I have 400 foot power and could keep a C-PD straight if I wanted, but I am not throwing the mold for 400. I want about 340-370 dead straight, that means backing off full power, but I also do not want to worry being too finesse and worry about wrist angles. I am not good at hyzer flipping. I want to throw flat. The Gs are awesome, but I also know they are not as durable as C. Do not mention S Line; the last six I tried, from two different batches, may have been mismarked P, but they were flip machines out of my hand.

I am worried that the G maybe abandoned. I also think the G DD is an incredible disc, essentially a longer G PD, but Discmania abandoned those after one run. I stockpiled the ones I could find, but I do not want to wear them out with no hopes of replacing them.

I am glad I picked up these two yellow G PDs, but if anyone has a line on fresh yellow G DDs, let me know.

Got to throw my Grady Shue Swirly PDs today. First of all these feel really good, much stiffer than some of the grippier s-lines they've been running and they have a low profile. These are also fairly overstable compared to most s-lines I've thrown.

got my dark maul avery sigs in the mail today.

two blue max weight, golden bear stamp. they look so cool, and have very good tac.

can't wait to throw em.

I like Dark Maul - it's one of the better signature discs DM has released lately. Such a beautiful disc in dark turquoise plastic. Green and blue foils look really good on it.

I bought a stack of these and been throwing one with some dome on it. I also have some Dark Mauls with lower profile. Not sure if they are more OS than the one in my bag.

Anyone else try these super light C-PDs?

Not the Champ ones, but some of the best lightweight PDs were the First Run Star 150-class. Very beefy, and they stay that way. Then in the first production run of Star 150s they came out with a Champy-Star plastic that was see-thru in the red and yellow plastics. Not as beefy as the First Run but very sweet.