• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Okay, so I took some pics of all of them but not quite sure how to upload them. It wants a URL or something when I click the icon. Sorry to be a pain but can someone talk me through how to get the pics up on here? Thanks in advance!

Pics

Orange (New Embossed C-Line=Super Beefy 168g relatively flat)

Green (Super Stiff/Domey Santa Cruz Skateboards Almost new C-Line from "The Shack" at DeLa=Pretty Beefy 172g bought a few months ago)

Pink (S-Line Medium Stable/Workable and relatively flat 175g bought from Factory Store a little over a year ago)

Blue(175 Color Glow AJ Dark Maul=Beefy but not too Beefy)

Attachments

• 10D85171-2807-4750-845D-888BF49CB37B.jpg
    10D85171-2807-4750-845D-888BF49CB37B.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 300D0C74-CDFF-4F61-8F5C-5B2B181C0A44.jpg
    300D0C74-CDFF-4F61-8F5C-5B2B181C0A44.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 4E447626-864F-4FFB-8158-4AE01EFA229D.jpg
    4E447626-864F-4FFB-8158-4AE01EFA229D.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 65
Just the exercise of taking pics of them revealed why the new Orange C-Line embossed PD is so over stable. The parting line on that one is noticeably higher than all the other ones. Even at 168g it is way more stable than any if them!

The green one looks like a 10th run to me. It's actually not as domey as some runs have been.

Did you need any other info?

Thanks Broomerang! You covered everything pretty thoroughly! So For my new setup I pulled out firebirds, Thunderbirds and Wraiths and one of a CD2/Sidewinder which I usually carried one or the other. Crazy that one mold could bump out that many molds from my bag but that's obviously why the PD is so awsome! We will see if I can make it stick?

Since the new embossed run is so OS it is allowing me to pull out a Firebird I've had in there. Still have a very OS Banshee for shorter OS duties. I think the 10th run hard, clear, domey C-Line/Pink S-Line are going to be my work horses that kicked out my Wraiths and Thunderbirds. And the P-Line has that CD2/Sidewinder spot covered. This allowed me to add a OS mid and another throwing putter and consolidate down my molds so I'm stoked! Hopefully it will stick!

Here is my new setup...

***Current Setup***
KC Pro Aviar
KC Pro Aviar
175 *Aviar3
175 Luster Aviar3
175 *AviarX3
175 XT Nova
180 Champ Mako3 (Yellow)
180 C-Line MD3
180 C-Line MD4
175 Glow Mortar
168 Champ Leo3 (Orange)
172 D-Line FD
175 C-Line FD
175 Champ Teebird3
175 Champ Banshee
175 P-Line PD (Run???)
175 S-Line PD (6-9th Run?)
171 C-Line PD (10th Run)
168 C-Line PD (Embossed/Current Run)
175 C-Line CD3 (8/10)
175 C-Line CD3 (New)
166 *Destroyer
171 *Destroyer
172 *Destroyer

just curious if anyone else bags pds and wraiths?

If I'm playing a course that I need some extra distance I take out a few mids and putters and add a few wraiths for max distance

175g P line pd (hyzer flip machine)

167g xout sline (similar line to p line but has a more realizable fade)

Dark maul dyed and the dye seasoned it overnight I swear I flies like my 3 year old s lines but I like the feel of glow c line

Fresh dark maul (trying to season this one naturally but flies considerably more overstable than my other one

175 metal flake for headwind max distance (I don't tend to play with this unless I know it's extra windy)

I still will bring 2/3 wraiths
I know there is some overlap but I think the wraith and pd compliment each other very well

^^Just took Wraiths out of the bag for winter but I normally bag numerous of both. Wraiths are definitely a bit longer for me and PDs give me better control.

just curious if anyone else bags pds and wraiths?

I throw PDs when I want to place my shot in a particular spot on the green/fairway. Its harder to overthrow them as well which really helps in some situations. I also throw Spikes with them since I don't have the arm to spike crazy OS discs like a FB.

I throw Wraiths when I have room in the landing zone, need a bit more distance, but still need to hit a line, am throwing in a tailwind, or downhill. (I throw the P-Line PD for less distance and fade but following the same principles).

I throw Destroyers when I have plenty of room, don't need to hit tight lines, and want as much distance as possible.

I throw PD2s when I don't need to hit a tight line but need to stick a landing zone as far down the fairway as possible.

^^Just took Wraiths out of the bag for winter but I normally bag numerous of both. Wraiths are definitely a bit longer for me and PDs give me better control.

Agreed.

The DG Gods giveth and taketh away....

Played 36 holes yesterday, light wind, sunny and about 60°. Was hitting putts I had no business hitting and shot 1 stroke off of my PB.

And I lost the first PD I ever bought. Been in the bag for about a year and a half, beautifully beat s-line that's become my go-to driver. Should have been able to find it but she's gone. I have one backup that appears to be from the same run so I'll start working it in. Probably take about a decade to beat one of the new embossed runs in like that.

The DG Gods giveth and taketh away....

Played 36 holes yesterday, light wind, sunny and about 60°. Was hitting putts I had no business hitting and shot 1 stroke off of my PB.

And I lost the first PD I ever bought. Been in the bag for about a year and a half, beautifully beat s-line that's become my go-to driver. Should have been able to find it but she's gone. I have one backup that appears to be from the same run so I'll start working it in. Probably take about a decade to beat one of the new embossed runs in like that.

Sorry to hear that. The next runs of S-line will probably be more workable. You might be able to find penned runs over at discbaron. Just email them before ordering.

Hey PeeDeePeeps! This has been a great thread to read through.

I'm a recent convert--I fell totally in love with a nearly brand new G-Line that I picked out of a used bin. I was hoping to pair it with a slightly more overstable version, so I bought a couple S-Lines. (Grady Shue, because it's so pretty...and a current run stock stamp.) They are both significantly more overstable than my G-Line. (The stock stamp especially, even though it's a 168-gram disc.)

I've heard/read that the current run is beefier than previous runs, and I'm wondering if anyone with lots of PD experience could take a stab at quantifying just how much beefier? If I were to track down an SPD from an earlier run, where it would fall in the stability spectrum between:
1. A G-Line that flips up to dead straight and pushes forward during its fade.
2. An S-Line that wants to dump harder and faster than my Sexton Firebirds.

Lastly, I guess arm-speed is relevant to this. Valks are currently my go-tos. I can consistently throw them to 345-355 on a controlled hyzer-flip. (Maybe the answer is that S-Line is just too much disc for me...I hope that's not the case, because they feel soooo good.)

I've got 2 patent number orange s-lines both 171grams that fly right in between my 7/10 p-line and my first run c-line(basically meathook for my arm speed). I can get the orange ones to fly 350ft straight with just a slight fade. On the other hand I've got some yellow patent number s-pds 167grams that fly nearly as stable as my first run c-line. All the newer s-lines I've tried (only 3-4) have been much more overstable than my go to orange s-lines.

I'm bagging one of the new embossed S lines in my Firebird slot and I haven't missed my Firebird yet. Hopefully it will beat into something workable by summer.

I haven't thrown a ton of S-PD's but there has been a pretty big variance in stability over the years. The first one I threw a few years ago would flip up flat, ride for a ways and finish strong. The last couple years, they were more stable (like a longer Firebird). The last one I picked up is more overstable than my Firebirds and I don't know that it will ever beat in to be a "straight" flyer.

Hoping some newer runs will be more like the old ones, I really prefer the feel of S-line to G-line.

Thanks for the info, everyone. I'm hesitant to pull the Firebird (which I have pretty dialed in) just to break in a disc that's more OS than it's supposed to be. But I'm also tempted, because I'd love to eventually have something that's a few notches more stable than my GPD.

How do G and P Line compare? Are they pretty similar when brand new?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, everyone. I'm hesitant to pull the Firebird (which I have pretty dialed in) just to break in a disc that's more OS than it's supposed to be. But I'm also tempted, because I'd love to eventually have something that's a few notches more stable than my GPD.

How do G and P Line compare? Are they pretty similar when brand new?

I don't know how full your bag is nor how often you play, but you can carry the Firebird AND another disc for the breaking-in process...