• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Something unusual happened yesterday. Saw a like new S PD in a used bin for $10 and passed on it.

It was one of the new embossed runs.

Imagine how many posts there were before there was a dedicated searchable thread.

Peedee...that needs to end up on a custom stamp...

Has anybody managed to season one of the new embossed run C-PDs? Not the 10yr btw, I'm talking about the super overstable ones.

Mine are slowly working in, but I haven't been throwing my speed 9 stuff much this winter. I'm curious how others' have faired, and how they're flying.

My latest haul. One S and two P-Freaks. Swirly blue P is sweeeet!

Attachments

• 51993444_2332186597013750_5533502234848919552_n.jpg
    51993444_2332186597013750_5533502234848919552_n.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 84
It doesn't say. They're flat and stiff, the most fun PEEDEE to throw if you ask me. Got them from a german shop where they'd been collecting dust for a while.

I have an issue, I found a patent# P-PD in my local store. For my 375' arm that likes hyzerflips, this is the best disc I have thrown. It practically made my perfect pearly pop-top Flow unemployed on the wooded courses.

Now to the problem, I'm a broke ass student, I can't afford to cycle patent# P-pd (I play on rocky and wooded fairways) and now it is starting to turn a tad too much as it lost a gram or two of plastic... ;)

What is the closest alternative? How are the D-line dome and stability wise?

I found a beat in to straight 7th I think, small dome and pearly gummy C-line but I don't think it will ever get to the point of the slightly beat in P-line.

G-line? Do they get to P-line stability fast if they hit rocks?

What other mold is the closest you can get? Beat in Cd2?
I got myself a Barsby sidewinder but different rim and more stability makes me keep searching.

Thank you in advance!

The G-Lines I've thrown were closer to P-Lines than the other blends. Can't comment to how they hold up from rock hits.

The G-Lines I've thrown were closer to P-Lines than the other blends. Can't comment to how they hold up from rock hits.

Figured, just gotta grab a flat one I guess. I would say the G*-kinds of plastic holds up the best when it comes to nice sharp gneiss. 😅

Just get a used S Line.

I had a freak stamped but it wasn't even considering to turn even though it got some beating from former owners. :/

As for now the disc will be covered by two.... One slightly beat in NS FD and a Barsby Roadrunner.

Luckily, I do believe my beat to crap SE Explorer got turn enough to be a slower P-PD in a rock hit or two!

Used S line is good. I didnt like the gummy-ness of the G-Line. That 7th run will eventually be a spectacular straight flyer.

CD2s are great for hyzerfilp, definately replaced my flippier PDs. However tracking down prefered runs isnt any easier. They are all good though.

I have seasoned a handful of S-Lines over the years (I stocked up when FRs were current stock so that's my experience). None of them ever got to fly like a new P-Line (not counting the FRs which started quite beefy compared to every other run). They would straighten out but never lose their fade or start turning until they got unpredictably flippy.

I even remember throwing with a friend, and him ripping a straight shot that just kept going. I asked him what he'd thrown.

"PD"
"No way. Let me see that." (sees it's a P-Line and orders a stack when I got home)

I'm starting to think that my disc throwing experiences are total anomalies because I never match the general comments.

I have seasoned a handful of S-Lines over the years (I stocked up when FRs were current stock so that's my experience). None of them ever got to fly like a new P-Line (not counting the FRs which started quite beefy compared to every other run). They would straighten out but never lose their fade or start turning until they got unpredictably flippy.

I even remember throwing with a friend, and him ripping a straight shot that just kept going. I asked him what he'd thrown.

"PD"
"No way. Let me see that." (sees it's a P-Line and orders a stack when I got home)

I'm starting to think that my disc throwing experiences are total anomalies because I never match the general comments.

I agree with you. The nose on the P-PD droops down more. I had an S-line in my bag for 3 years and it never came close to the flight of a fresh P-line. It never lost its LSS.

Closest thing I've thrown to a p line was a run of s line that was domey and if you didn't know they were s lines you'd think they were p lines. Plastic felt "cheap" for s line and were like fourth run c line domey. Off the top of my head there were dayglow ones, white, and orange, maybe a couple other colors. No patent numbers on them.

Closest thing I've thrown to a p line was a run of s line that was domey and if you didn't know they were s lines you'd think they were p lines. Plastic felt "cheap" for s line and were like fourth run c line domey. Off the top of my head there were dayglow ones, white, and orange, maybe a couple other colors. No patent numbers on them.

I had an orange one that matched this description. Didn't like it at first since it was straighter but eventually grew on me and paired it with an SPD of stability closer to the numbers.

The current run SPD's are moderately domey and quite beefy. I need to keep working them to see if they'll straighten out at all.

Latest posts