• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Power Pocket and Arc-My new video

Last I knew BW had rage quit the group. Ive finally stopped hearing about it on the form check page.

He said that there were newer people with better video skills teaching the same things that he was. I don't get the hate here sometimes for him. Sure he might not be nicest guy, but sometimes it's easy for us to fall to the other side of the spectrum and teach DGCR stuff like he teaches his spin and throw. We should all be able to get along. Especially since he was one of the OGs with his Snap 2009 video on YouTube.

He said that there were newer people with better video skills teaching the same things that he was.

You mean overthrow disc golf? hahaha. =)

It's annoying in a way cause there are things popping up now that I've been teaching for a few years now as well, but because my video editing skills are level "lazy" and it's really not my thing, it's been hard to drive myself to make video's. Especially when the effort isn't rewarded much.

Then on top of that, we can see from creators cup that they are building more (I want to use Inclusive here, but after looking up the definition a few weeks ago, I realized that everyone was using this word so incorrectly its hilarious)

...from creators cup that they are building more of a clique of internet coaches vs trying to push some of the things we are driving here with discussion on techniques and coaching and so much more. And ... They more concerned with dolla dolla bills.

I'm just going to go full ham and do video's on everyone's stuff and either trash it or explain it better. hahaha.

He said that there were newer people with better video skills teaching the same things that he was. I don't get the hate here sometimes for him. Sure he might not be nicest guy, but sometimes it's easy for us to fall to the other side of the spectrum and teach DGCR stuff like he teaches his spin and throw. We should all be able to get along. Especially since he was one of the OGs with his Snap 2009 video on YouTube.

Yeah, that was certainly his "out." Luckily, no one with any influence is teaching something as detrimental as he is anymore.

It's annoying in a way cause there are things popping up now that I've been teaching for a few years now as well, but because my video editing skills are level "lazy" and it's really not my thing, it's been hard to drive myself to make video's. Especially when the effort isn't rewarded much.

Then on top of that, we can see from creators cup that they are building more (I want to use Inclusive here, but after looking up the definition a few weeks ago, I realized that everyone was using this word so incorrectly its hilarious)

...from creators cup that they are building more of a clique of internet coaches vs trying to push some of the things we are driving here with discussion on techniques and coaching and so much more. And ... They more concerned with dolla dolla bills.

I'm just going to go full ham and do video's on everyone's stuff and either trash it or explain it better. hahaha.

Yeah, you have to have a lot of things going for you to be a successful content creator. You have to be likable, charismatic, talented, have skills to offer, some sort of production value, etc. ...most people don't have that, and think it's as simple as making videos of themselves talking.

I think it was a smart move to get all of the top DG content creators together. Their audiences have major overlap and it's a good way to share subscribers and views.

Yeah, you have to have a lot of things going for you to be a successful content creator. You have to be likable, charismatic, talented, have skills to offer, some sort of production value, etc. ...most people don't have that, and think it's as simple as making videos of themselves talking.

I think it was a smart move to get all of the top DG content creators together. Their audiences have major overlap and it's a good way to share subscribers and views.

Good production quality goes a LONG ways to keep people watching your video.

People like flashy stuff now, and flashy sells.

Folks like most of us in here want information and are not concerned with the "sell point."

But as for the DG creators getting together, I mean, its a neat thing. But it doesn't accomplish much other than sharing subscribers and a bit of knob rubbing with each other.

Of all the video's I watched on it so far, Lindahls was the only humble feeling one. He's a super shy and awkward person though, people don't realize it unless you spend time with him. It's even more fun playing a round with him, my unique form drives him absolutely bonkers. hahahaha

It's just annoying to me and a bit of a nerve hitting moment because I want to see the whole community grow and share info, not just the "privileged" accounts with lots of subscribers.

It's also annoying to see people essentially create content, make money off it, but it was somebody else's thing.
Granted, we not all making super original ideas all the time.
But humble yourself by talking about other teachers/coaches and not acting as the sole proprietor of disc golf technique.

I'd have half no clue at all if it wasn't for a bunch of creators and SW making videos. Ive taken all the stuff and put it together in my format, but I try and give credit where I can when its not my information jumbled together vs some content already out there.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132500

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132140

Well FWIW, the conversation around his posts were really helpful to me. I had taken the More snap video and the beato drill and ran with it for years +.. Add this power pocket video and I started to connect. +all the other stuff I've read from every other form helping all-star here and the randos working thru understanding it too.. :D

His latter video was less of a nugget... but I was happy to see Bradley Walker still playing and posting, and I totally got what he was laying down. I got a solid A-ha out of it. Dude figured something out and was sharing it, I appreciate the effort

Last edited:
Sure he might not be nicest guy, but sometimes it's easy for us to fall to the other side of the spectrum and teach DGCR stuff like he teaches his spin and throw. We should all be able to get along. Especially since he was one of the OGs with his Snap 2009 video on YouTube.

I appreciate some of what he brought to the community. His closed shoulder snap drill sure helped my progress.

https://youtu.be/LffYBb1vQjQ

By the way, Richard Hatton has a helpful tip to go with that drill.

https://youtu.be/N696QGOIyec

It just became so off-putting that when people who had a different perspective than his tried to constructively discuss form, too often he could get incredibly prickly.

I think Blake_t was very good in helping him not get too far gone.

Yeah I know a lot of people liked his snap videos. In my opinion, the good stuff he brought to the table was often overshadowed by his inability to have a conversation that wasn't pure affirmation... not to mention all of the bad ideas he brought to the table... which EVERYONE (including me) can do every once in a while. The difference is most people are open to the idea that what they are saying isn't the word of god. He wasn't out of control here, but when he rage quit and went to Facebook, it became very cultish.

He literally compared himself to Jesus in posts and conversation about his disc golf teaching and knowledge... all while regularly claiming that everything currently being taught by "the form nerds" is wrong.

Pass.

I am still glad the closed-shoulder snap drill video exists, but totally see why the man himself was kind of annoying.

Yeah I know a lot of people liked his snap videos. In my opinion, the good stuff he brought to the table was often overshadowed by his inability to have a conversation that wasn't pure affirmation... not to mention all of the bad ideas he brought to the table... which EVERYONE (including me) can do every once in a while. The difference is most people are open to the idea that what they are saying isn't the word of god. He wasn't out of control here, but when he rage quit and went to Facebook, it became very cultish.

He literally compared himself to Jesus in posts and conversation about his disc golf teaching and knowledge... all while regularly claiming that everything currently being taught by "the form nerds" is wrong.

Pass.

Well.
That is better than the one guy out there now who's making pretty much all bad video's and shouting at you like a football coach in the locker room. hahaha