• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pre-throw stiffarming.

there was this young kid on the mn majestic lead card at kaposia who would hold his putter like that for no less than 20 seconds, then suddenly putt. no waggle or arm motion at all. Dave and Cale were kinda snickering about the style, but dood was bangin em all day. I replicate it sometimes when I'm playing with friends, to see how long I can hold the disc up before they talk ****.
haha

there was this young kid on the mn majestic lead card at kaposia who would hold his putter like that for no less than 20 seconds, then suddenly putt. no waggle or arm motion at all. Dave and Cale were kinda snickering about the style, but dood was bangin em all day. I replicate it sometimes when I'm playing with friends, to see how long I can hold the disc up before they talk ****.

I do that when it's windy. I'm waiting for a lull.

Normally, I just walk up and toss but if it's really windy I'll stand motionless and wait for it to pass.

I walk to the front of the box, find the focal point that I'm aiming at, I hold the disc there, angle it properly, then walk backwards to my starting point on the box.

This is my style, it works great for me. Who cares what it looks like?
It holds a purpose similar to Holly's for me. When I step up initially I use it as a physical aiming mechanism - I do it for just about every throw. I don't necessarily plan on releasing it there, but in putting the disc out on a certain plane relative to where I intend to line my body up, I'm consistently putting myself in a position where I can step directly back along the intended line of my run-up. My shoulders are positioned the same way every time, my feet are positioned the same way every time. At its most basic: it is my starting point.

It really has nothing to do with actually aiming the disc or setting up my wrist and hand angles, though I sometimes do that to some extent but more for stretching the hand and wrist than anything. It just has to do with a consistent physical setup every time up on the teepad.

for me it gets me in the zone. Once i do this i start to visualize the line I need to hit and my focus sharpens. Then once I go back and get ready to throw I know i can hit the line(or come close) I just visualized.

I do this with putting too.Then I go into my routine and putt.

Latest posts