• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pre-tourney Care

Sargentgeneral

Par Member
So I realized before any tourney I play in, I always clip my finger nails. I hate playing disc golf with long finger nails, and I was just curious if anyone has done this too. Also, what strange, pre-tourney ritual do you do the night before?

I do it a couple days in advance... Cant stand long nails... But right after I cut them can be too short sometimes.

Thought I was the only one. lol

When I need to cut them I usually do it the Monday before a weekend tournament. That being said, I play a lot of turnaments and do not always need to cut my finger nails before a tournament. You do have me thinking that I should have cut my finger nails last night though as I am about to play a big tournament this weekend.

Before a big tournament I :

1) Mow the fairways

2) Weed eat rough

3) Trim high limbs

4) Remove briar patchs

5) Make sure O.B. is properly marked

6) Ensure transitions are marked and walkable

I cut fingernails and toenails a few days before a tourney usually.

I clip my fingernails and toenails as well a few days before a tournament. Every time I leave my fingernails long I bend the hell out of them on the disc which hurts so bad.

Also a pre-tourney nail cutter. I like to make sure my hair is short and freshly cut, and fairly well shaved too (if summer).

I don't like too much hair in the heat, and don't like itchy facial growth either.

Can't tell if this is a fingerbox type thing or if everyone here is odd.

i make sure the monday before a big tournament that i trim my nails. they seem to grow to just the right length b4 the weekend tournaments. glad to know that i am not the only one with the problem.

Latest posts