• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Pro Destroyers...holy schnikey!!!

Burrito

Birdie Member
Just discovered the super awesomeness that is a seasoned Pro Destroyer.

I've been seasoning Pro Wraiths lately and figured I'd throw a Pro Destroyer in the bag to season a bit. After a few weeks of hyzer spikes, I gave it a go as a stable driver off the tee the other day and Holy Schnikey!!! LONG AND STRAIGHT, AND THEN LONG SOME MORE.

I'm in love with this disc.

yea, pro destroyer BOMB. some peoples opinions (mine included) is that they are the most fantastic thing on the face of the planet for a while, but once they beat in its a **** shoot. flip-mc-freaking-tastic after a single tree hit (not the first, but just 1 will do it).....as long as you enjoy them being beat up, kudos!

glad you found a new toy:thmbup:

I've heard so much talk about seasoned Pro Destroyers that I can't resist much longer, I'm probably going to pick one up soon. I'm glad you're having success with it.:thmbup:

actually funny story [read: not funny] . . .

found an inkless proD today and instead of keeping it for whatever reason i just launched it in the opposite direction lol (havent thrown one in a good 2 years now...wow, time flies:gross:)

i have a flat top 175 pro destroyer, its beat in but i like my beat champ and star destroyers better, i guess i shoulda gone with a lighter domey one, i herd thats where its at for pro destroyers

Great discs. But you have to keep a steady stock of them as they get too seasoned and too flippy quite quickly.

i like them once they get a little flippy... just put a bit more hyzer on it and you're good.

mine take a while to get there because i am only throwing them on open max D type shots. they are also great BH roller discs.

Great discs. But you have to keep a steady stock of them as they get too seasoned and too flippy quite quickly.

My thoughts as well. Went through it with Wraiths, too. Nice for tailwinds, uphill drives, and big, big turns, though.

Try to beat in a Star as well...a seasoned Star will stay in that slot alot longer, before getting flippy.

My Pro Destroyers have a long way to go before they will get flippy. I have a well-seasoned one, and it is nowhere close to what I would call flippy. I have bashed it off trees, rocks, parking lots, and even buildings, and it is a little less stable than out of the box, but not by a whole lot...

I wish it were a bit flippier because right now it is about all my arm can handle...

I've had one for about a year and a half, it's my anhyzer/hyzerflip disc. Right out of the box for a few tree hits though it's an amazing stable driver.

i love mine, its only my first one and i bought it to be flippy but it is so good right now i don't want it to beat in anymore. but whatever i can replace it.

i've been curious about the Westside Boatman, from thier flight ratings it should be similar to a slightly beat destroyer. can anyone comment or compare?

Yup pro destroyers are amazing. Mines my under stable distance driver. Once you beat it a touch it flips for days and is just awesome. That is all.

i like them once they get a little flippy... just put a bit more hyzer on it and you're good.

mine take a while to get there because i am only throwing them on open max D type shots. they are also great BH roller discs.

Yep this is when they are the best.

I have a 175 Star Destroyer that is the most amazing natural beauty ever...yellow with red streaks. It looks like it's on fire.

I've been seasoning it for 2 summers now, and it is just now at the point that it is a headwind disc/overstable driver. It's lost a little of it's meathook properties but is still definitely overstable. The Star plastic on this disc is hard as a rock, and nothing like any other Star disc I have!

I SO want this disc to break in. I've thrown other max wt Destroyers and they weren't this overstable, so I guess I have to keep throwing the hyzer spikes and be patient.

One day, super wicked awesome Star Destroyer...one day.