• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Masters World championship

Mspot

Par Member
The pro Masters Worlds looks more competitive than ever... looks like its gonna be a battle between Feldberg, McCray, Shultz, Shasta, Rovere, McCabe, Schweberger.... Should be interesting. Would be nice to see Climo in the mix, hope he gets back out on the course.

Just curious. Do you guys actually care that much about masters worlds. I love watching disc golf yet I don't care at all to watch the masters play or even follow their scores that intently.

Just curious. Do you guys actually care that much about masters worlds. I love watching disc golf yet I don't care at all to watch the masters play or even follow their scores that intently.

Nope, and I'm an old guy. My order of interest...MPO, FPO..........my own game, that's it.

I follow it primarily because a bunch of them are my friends who i have known for years and years. Were that not the case- not so much.

Absolutely, Schweb is a personal friend and I will root for him with more passion than any MPO event. It's great quality dg and I hope their is some footage to watch.

I follow it primarily because a bunch of them are my friends who i have known for years and years. Were that not the case- not so much.

While I can't call many of them friends, some are acquaintances and a lot of them are guys I've looked up to as a player for my entire career. I imagine it's somewhat of a generational thing in terms of interest in the Masters field. People that don't go back more than 5-10 years in the sport won't have the same attachment to Schultz and Feldberg and Schwebby that people who were active in the early 00s, let alone folks who go back further, have. They'll see. In 15-20 years when Ricky and Paul and all the current top players are competing at Masters Worlds, the current fans will be more interested in the action.

common sense?

I gave Brad Hammock bad information about being eligible for the 55+ division at worlds! I thought there were a bunch of studies done by the PDGA that said the new divisions were the most appropriate for the particular ages though?!

I am. These are the big guns of my early days of disc golf. First couple DGLO's I went to spectate blew me away. These guys were so freaking good. To see that they can still play high level golf inspires me.

I may have missed it but why aren't they using the new divisions at pro masters worlds?
The new 55 and 65 divisions were held off one year so players could earn points in those divisions during regular events this year to qualify for those divisions in Master Worlds next year.

The new 55 and 65 divisions were held off one year so players could earn points in those divisions during regular events this year to qualify for those divisions in Master Worlds next year.

Wait....points for 55 and 65 have to be earned in those age groups to qualify?

Wait....points for 55 and 65 have to be earned in those age groups to qualify?
Pro points can be earned playing in any pro division and are all combined for each player's total. The PDGA thought it was appropriate to use this year to set up the new divisions to specifically track the points earned in 2018 of the players who would qualify for those age brackets in Master Worlds next year in the same way it's been done for other divisions.

I'm a fan of watching good golf. Leader of Pro Masters 40+ is averaging 1047 rated rounds. That's good golf! Not to mention 2 of the leaders are still in the top 25 highest rated players in the world. Here's to hoping someone is filming this.

Last edited: