• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour Live Coverage

PDGA article about the reunion of DGPT and Smashboxx

Am I misunderstanding, or is this article suggesting that the live streams will no longer be on Youtube? They're moving to a different service hosted at DGPT.tv. I understand the possibility of new and better advertising options with this new thing, but will it be compatible with streaming TV options like Roku, AppleTV, Chromecast or plain-old smart TVs? If I'm going to have to step back to watching on my laptop instead of my TV, I'm going to be watching far less of the live broadcast than I usually do. I really hope that isn't the case.

Am I misunderstanding, or is this article suggesting that the live streams will no longer be on Youtube? They're moving to a different service hosted at DGPT.tv. I understand the possibility of new and better advertising options with this new thing, but will it be compatible with streaming TV options like Roku, AppleTV, Chromecast or plain-old smart TVs? If I'm going to have to step back to watching on my laptop instead of my TV, I'm going to be watching far less of the live broadcast than I usually do. I really hope that isn't the case.

Casting my phone to my roku tv works quite well, but yeah I'd prefer not to have to. Although it won't really impact me much either way as I won't be watching much live coverage now that the weather is much better around here.

Casting my phone to my roku tv works quite well, but yeah I'd prefer not to have to.

Casting an app isnt a huge deal. But casting from a stream contained in a web page can cause so unnecessary picture quality issues (assuming there is an app alternative)

Casting an app isnt a huge deal. But casting from a stream contained in a web page can cause so unnecessary picture quality issues (assuming there is an app alternative)

I haven't experienced any problems casting web based videos, not yet anyway. But you're right, there's reason to be skeptical.

I haven't experienced any problems casting web based videos, not yet anyway. But you're right, there's reason to be skeptical.

Maybe that was just a 1st gen chromecast thing when using a phone to stream and cast at the same time.

I don't usually cast anymore since Firetv and XB1 have apps.

Dodge moving away from YouTube for live streaming at this junction seems desperate. I hope the tour succeeds, but ultimately this is starting to look a bit Salient to me unfortunately.

I'm not stoked about this. We usually watch by using the YouTube application on the family XBox One on the big TV in the living room. The smaller older TV in the bedroom has a Roku, but man that thing (the Roku) is slow and cruddy and not optimal.

Dodge moving away from YouTube for live streaming at this junction seems desperate. I hope the tour succeeds, but ultimately this is starting to look a bit Salient to me unfortunately.

Even if the Tour Does not succeed the Tournaments themselves will most likely still be around just a might be a Pro Tour without a Pro Tour leader running the whole thing like the PDGA names the events like with the National Tour a separate Pro Tour that players have to still be of a certain ratting level to participate.

I do not want to see the Pro Tour Become the latest version of the World Tour that failed due to lack of outside sponsorship. Yeah they had a 2000's World Tour where the PDGA and a few other people had named events in a World Tour that only 2 in Europe, Japan Open and Australian Open and I think one event New Zealand were on the Map outside the USA.

That would be a devastatingly bad decision to make, to take it off Youtube. But it fits in well with Dodge's vision, goal, and plan.