• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy D1 and D4 Impressions

I wanted to like the D1 and D4.
I tried to like them.
They are too unpredictable for me.
Guess I'm putting them away for now, maybe I'll try again later.

I really liked the D4, at first. I then got my hands on a King. and I reallly like that.

Lol, I'm auditioning both myself right now. I'm leaning towards the king right now, but I'm giving the d4 some time. In its defense, the cold hasn't helped matters. So we'll see.

I've noticed the D4 needs a little more height to work than my Trespass. Thrown flat on a low line it flips a little too much and doesn't come back. I like the Trespass a lot more than the D4 so I too am shelving it for now. Got a 166g bio fusion Trespass coming in and can't wait to compare it to the lucid.

I've noticed the D4 needs a little more height to work than my Trespass. Thrown flat on a low line it flips a little too much and doesn't come back. I like the Trespass a lot more than the D4 so I too am shelving it for now. Got a 166g bio fusion Trespass coming in and can't wait to compare it to the lucid.
I'm in the same boat. The Trespass for me is the best big D driver I have ever used. While I am still curious about D1s, I highly doubt any driver is going to replace my Trespass.

Has anybody noticed the "First Run" D1s being more overstable than the Protos? I'm curious if Prodigy has done away with the stability range issue, or they tweaked the mold like some had suggested.

Has anybody noticed the "First Run" D1s being more overstable than the Protos? I'm curious if Prodigy has done away with the stability range issue, or they tweaked the mold like some had suggested.
I think I may have read somewhere that they were indeed tweaking the d1 slightly to make it more overstable. I could be wrong though.

I've actually started to like my D4 Proto more but not enough to really keep at it. I picked up a misprint nuke ss and threw that in the bag. Between that or the TM Bolt I don't see room for the overweight D4. I just want a base plastic trespass to beat in for that spot. Or even better an understable version of the trespass from DD/Lat.

I threw the new D4 @ 165g today. i had some really nice s-curves with it. The release was easy. i like it but i can't really throw it that far. Maybe this spring i'll have another go at it.

There's a barely-thrown proto D1 under the train car on hole 18 at Ford Park in Shreveport, La. Didn't even bother jumping the fence for that garbage.

Neither the D1 or D4 came close to my S/DS Destroyer and Sword setup. Prodigy is all hype, their elite team will probably be broken up as soon as they run out of money to pay them.

Lol! What's with the guys registering just to spew hate? Lightning is probably feeling the heat and told their sponsored players to register at dgcr and badmouth our competition:D

There's a barely-thrown proto D1 under the train car on hole 18 at Ford Park in Shreveport, La. Didn't even bother jumping the fence for that garbage.

How could you know it was a D1 unless you inspected it yourself? There's no way to tell from any kind of distance...

Threw my D4 on a pretty tight S 520-50 ish yesterday. Fairway is lined with trees on both sides, is maybe 120' wide, 670' long with the pad being closer to the right tree line. Slight tail, never got higher than 10-12' offthe ground, just cruised. Was pretty

I threw the new D4 @ 165g today. i had some really nice s-curves with it. The release was easy. i like it but i can't really throw it that far. Maybe this spring i'll have another go at it.

That's kind of how I feel as well. I was getting some pretty good distance golf shots with it, but it wasn't the "boomstick" I thought it was going to be. Conversley, I didn't have much hope for Innovas Tern and it actually is working better for me.

But MAN that Prodigy plastic is awesome!

That's kind of how I feel as well. I was getting some pretty good distance golf shots with it, but it wasn't the "boomstick" I thought it was going to be. Conversley, I didn't have much hope for Innovas Tern and it actually is working better for me.

But MAN that Prodigy plastic is awesome!

Imo the tern flies a similar line to the D4, just slower

Did i read on here that they were re working the D1 because it came out less OS than intended?

Yes, I assume the first runs are the tweaked version as well. None of this is fact, though.

How could you know it was a D1 unless you inspected it yourself? There's no way to tell from any kind of distance...

I think he is implying that he is the one that threw it over the fence, and because it didn't fly on his intended line, he decided to leave it behind. That's how I read it anyways...

Latest posts