• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy D1 and D4 Impressions

wind speed descriptions... http://pad39a.com/gene/wind.html

as this link shows, if there were 10-15mph winds small limbs and the pine needles would of been moving visibly in the video. maybe there was a gentle breeze but i would hardly describe that as a headwind.

There is very little, or no wind in that video. Still a nice shot though.

It may have been windy during the day, but there is very little evidence that it was windy during that shot. Nothing appears to be moving and there is very little audible wind noise on the camera mic.

I took the d1 & d4 out for a while today. 15 to 20 mile an hour wind gusts and 4 to 5 inches of snow. I couldn't tell what I should expect out of either of these discs based on todays rounds. The d1 is stable for sure, but will turn in a headwind. The d4 I couldn't air my shots out enough for. More later.

Cameron is legit, devastation occurs.

I'd expect his next clip to be 400' shots with Prodigy's "roc" and "buzzz" instead of bunting a D1. I'll try them in this plastic, the buzzz like one at least.

Last edited:
Anyone tried out the runs that have started hitting stored marked "first run" rather than "proto?". Any difference in flight, stamp quality etc?

We were actually having 10-15 mph winds that day. Do you think I was lying?

From what I can tell from google maps, course info from this site, weather reports, and media data from the video.....Netflix is not working right now guys give me a break. The wind was coming from about 9:30 and was 8mph. Even without any of that stuff there's hardly any microphone cuts.

Now that that is out of the way, it's ok man we all inflate he truth a little. I want to see these guys throwing these discs 600'+ parking a 400' with a little wind does not show up the potential of these discs.

Bob Lews had boxes of first run D1 and D4 selling out of his pro shop during Barnett Park tourney this weekend. The plastic felt good and I don't see any real defects out of that stack. Bought D1 and D4 and I have not threw them yet (for a good while as I am recovering from knee injury).

I really like my D1. the plastic feels nice and tacky the flight of the disc is great it has replaced my destroyer already. cant wait to try the rest of the line up they have.

I was able to throw the D1 this past week at 172g and it flew like a new destroyer for me, not quite force like but very stable.

So for those of you who throw/have thrown the DD trespass, how does the D1/D4 compare?

I have all three in the bag. In terms of stability, the order, from most, to least stable, is D1, Trespass, D4, although the D4 is much further down the ladder. The D1 is like a slightly more OS destroyer. Less OS than a force, but more than a typical destroyer. The DD is like a destroyer for me. The d4 flies like a katana.

I've had two rounds with the D1, and it is a grippy Destroyer to me as well. The edge seems to dig into my hand a little (not too bad). It's sitting next to my other Destroyers in my bag. I'm interested to see how it breaks in compared to them.

I'd have to disagree with the D1/Destroyer comparison. IMO a Destroyer is way more OS than the D1. However, the D1 is wayyyy longer because it has a very "tight" (left to right) flight pattern and superior glide to anything besides some Lat 64 discs. It's almost what I hoped the Krait would be... has some turn, but finishes with hyzer and is hard to turnover. I enjoy that Prodigy doesn't use flight characteristics. It's much easier to focus on what the disc DOES and not what it's SUPPOSE to do. Either way... Prodigy plastic is VASTLY superior to any stock stuff on the market and will find a niche in the DG market as a supplier of high end product.

I'd have to disagree with the D1/Destroyer comparison. IMO a Destroyer is way more OS than the D1. However, the D1 is wayyyy longer because it has a very "tight" (left to right) flight pattern and superior glide to anything besides some Lat 64 discs. It's almost what I hoped the Krait would be... has some turn, but finishes with hyzer and is hard to turnover. I enjoy that Prodigy doesn't use flight characteristics. It's much easier to focus on what the disc DOES and not what it's SUPPOSE to do. Either way... Prodigy plastic is VASTLY superior to any stock stuff on the market and will find a niche in the DG market as a supplier of high end product.

Out of curiosity, when did you buy your D1s? I have 2 and they have absolutely no turn with my 400 foot of power. Reports have been that there is a run out there that is less stable than intended.

Out of curiosity, when did you buy your D1s? I have 2 and they have absolutely no turn with my 400 foot of power. Reports have been that there is a run out there that is less stable than intended.

Yeah, Ive thrown D1s from Marshall Street, InfiniteDiscs and off eBay, and I saw no turn. They were hyzering out pretty hard for me (my consistent distance is around 350...though I was surprisingly getting the D4 out past 400 pretty much every throw) and staying straight until that fade. My buddy who has well over 425ft of power also wasn't getting any turn from any of them...but they faded out much more gently and forward penetrating for him.

The D1 is definetly for those with bigger arm speeds. The D1 runs that are less stable are what I'm thinking the D2 or even D3 will be.

I bought one in mid-January from a retailer in North Carolina and it was less HSS than a new Destroyer for me. Definitely had plenty of turn to it and you either had to release it with hyzer to compensate, or give it height so it has room to work.

I bought two more about 2-3 weeks ago from a retailer in California. One was flippy just like the one I got from NC. The other one was similar in stability to a nice overstable Destroyer, but had more glide. What I was hoping the D1 would fly like.