• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do it. Do it.

dooit3ht.gif

Vibram Lace is slightly rounded under the rim, fwiw. To me, it makes the disc not feel so big in the hand.

Vibram Lace is slightly rounded under the rim, fwiw. To me, it makes the disc not feel so big in the hand.

I agree. That's really the only reason I can throw the Lace like I can (as stated before, high-speed drivers aren't for me...despite having a ton of them in my bag for big forehands). The rim does not feel nearly as big as it truly is.

If Prodigy could do something like that, I think they would have great success..because if I don't griplock the Lace, then no one does!:wall:

I bough a lace for my son because it looked awesome. it felt so comfortable in hand. maybe they will make their discs just as soft.

This would be better suited for the equipment section if you want details on equipment. I believe you shut that thread down because there was already an existing thread about this topic and then you go and start your very own thread about it :doh:

I've merged several threads and started this one as a clean slate. The topic of Prodigy encompasses more than just equipment.

Maybe if you compain to timg he'll give you one of these and let you ride along in the front seat:

deputy_sheriff_pin_back_badge_button-p145728416601492187en8go_400.jpg

Lighten up, Francis.

Meulen, thanks for great posting about info on plastics and injection molding. Nice to know more about "behind the scenes" in molding process. I was wondering about health issues when working around modling machines as I believe melted plastic (esp the fumes) is quite toxic. I am sure (hope) that the operators use the protective equipment to protect their health.

I've merged several threads and started this one as a clean slate. The topic of Prodigy encompasses more than just equipment.

Maybe if you compain to timg he'll give you one of these and let you ride along in the front seat:

deputy_sheriff_pin_back_badge_button-p145728416601492187en8go_400.jpg

Lighten up, Francis.

BCR123PSU FTW

Meulen, thanks for great posting about info on plastics and injection molding. Nice to know more about "behind the scenes" in molding process. I was wondering about health issues when working around modling machines as I believe melted plastic (esp the fumes) is quite toxic. I am sure (hope) that the operators use the protective equipment to protect their health.

There are hazards involved with injection molding. Obviously you're dealing with molten plastic and hot surfaces. For the most part, the fumes aren't an issue. However, there are certain resins that can create off-gasing that is hazardous to humans. PVC and Acetal, for instance, are two materials you don't want to mix (they can cause an explosion when mixed). It is always important to make sure you are operating in an area that is well ventilated. One thing you have to remember is you are taking the plastic to it's melting point, not the point of degredation. With increased temperatures over the recommend melting temp./range, you'll create degredation that may or may not cause toxic fumes. The best bet is to check the MSDS for the material that is being used.

I'm going to play with Cameron Colglaizer at 1PM here in Memphis, I hope he has some prototypes to ogle. Will report back later.

You gotta watch out for the molten plastic....it will stick to you like glue.

I also got electrocuted by the grinder when I was getting ride of screw-ups.

I was just lucky it was the left hand! :D

I got it on the wrist when I was in high school. I couldn't pull it off fast enough (now knowing you're not supposed to do that), and the thing blistered almost instantly.

"bullet" type rims like on the Discwings?! The original Quarter K was an awesome bomber disc....that is until you hit something with it. The disc came out so smooth. But when they finally came out with a better plastic they altered the disc into a turd. if Prodigy has gone this way I am excited.
that's funny that you mentioned Discwing. Aren't they in Alpharetta. Ga?

that's funny that you mentioned Discwing. Aren't they in Alpharetta. Ga?

From here:

"As the first disc manufacturer outside of North America we are proud to be able to share our passion with a wider audience. England is a prime location to promote the growth of disc golf. Based in the heart of Europe we are ideally placed to serve golfers both at home and abroad."

The company does list a couple U.S. outposts, though. One in IL and one in GA.

I was interested to hear about Prodigy using rounded inner rims, too. It definitely reminded me of Discwing's Quarter K.. although given their patent on their 'bullet-like rim', Prodigy must be doing something slightly different with it (at least different-enough to avoid litigation). Regardless, I didn't find them any harder to hold onto than other discs.. the plastic blend was pretty bad, though. The one other thing I noticed with the Quarter K was just how wind-affected it was.. I suppose that may be what you get when you do so much testing on disc physics in a wind tunnel. Hopefully the Prodigy molds won't have that issue, though.. and will be made with better plastics. :)

From here:

"As the first disc manufacturer outside of North America we are proud to be able to share our passion with a wider audience. England is a prime location to promote the growth of disc golf. Based in the heart of Europe we are ideally placed to serve golfers both at home and abroad."

The company does list a couple U.S. outposts, though. One in IL and one in GA.
Discwing is distributed in the US by Lynx in GA -- as in PDGA Membership fulfillment and other stuff. Discwing is UK-based.
Not sure what the IL is... we get DW from GA, I kinda thought it was US-exclusive, but this isn't my dept. Lynx DG is what the DW/GA connection is about.

Last edited:
i see it under the contact info:

Breiner Enterprises Inc
3205 Rivermont Pkwy
Alpharetta, GA 30022-1669
USA

Also listed under Lynx Disc Golf services.

they also did some stuff with the PDGA for their online store.

Discwing is distributed in the US by Lynx in GA -- as in PDGA Membership fulfillment and other stuff. Discwing is UK-based.

so is that why I got a QKII as my PDGA member disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts