• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainchaser

Double Eagle Member
So it is announced and well another disc company

I guess we will see what happens but is it to saturated with disc companies as it is?. How many more companies can disc golf support really? I hope it does take it to the next level but we shall see!!

Last edited:
I'm not surprised the first reply is negative. :rolleyes:

Good luck to these people, it'll be interesting to see what they are all about in a year.

I definitely wish them the best and maybe a shake up is what disc golf needed but in reality it is another disc company in an already oversaturated market. I guess I was expecting a new full line of discs right now not in a couple months.

I do like the multiple owner concept and look forward to hearing who all was involved in it. They do have an impressive pro line up I will say. I wonder if they are going to be restricted to only throwing prodigy once the full line is out?

I definitely wish them the best and maybe a shake up is what disc golf needed but in reality it is another disc company in an already oversaturated market. I guess I was expecting a new full line of discs right now not in a couple months.

I do like the multiple owner concept and look forward to hearing who all was involved in it. They do have an impressive pro line up I will say. I wonder if they are going to be restricted to only throwing prodigy once the full line is out?

Even a few months from now is a very short time in the disc golf world. Basically unprecented amount of models all at once. I'm curious how limited the releases will be. giving retailers a small number of 5+ models that might not be quickly restock able isn't appealing

I have questions also:

I hear they are in Georgia. who is involved with this?
Flyboy? IDGC?

Are they manufacturing their own discs? if not, who is?
(discwing has something in alpharetta)

What else is gonna happen?

Prodigy..... good logo. First he said their team has a vested interest, and they have 23 founding members. Sounds to me like they have a LOT of people who own part of that company. I hope they have clearly defined goals and a leader who will get them there. If not their board meetings could look like first graders running a keg party, Robert's rules and all! I also hope that they advance the sport with new designs and maybe one ground breaking idea. Hate to see another disc company making the same molds with different stamps. In this area I give MVP a lot of credit. I don't know about the rest of you but I do have a tinge of excitement...

I have questions also:

I hear they are in Georgia. who is involved with this?
Flyboy? IDGC?

Are they manufacturing their own discs? if not, who is?
(discwing has something in alpharetta)

What else is gonna happen?

Looking at the pictures of Prodigy plastic and their geographic location I sense a Holgate connection.

I have read that they are going to pay the pros a base salary of 10,000 a year or something like that. That is unprecedented really is any type sport like this so I guess we see how far that will go. I like it that part though and hopefully it will bring some other major manufacturers to do the same.

I was hoping it would involve marketing the sport in some new way. Like, blank company puts up 50 grand four times a year and these players go after it hunger games style filmd on the interwebz.

As it stands, yehaw more new discs to bye and try. The real new story though will be if throwing new molds effects theses players ability to climb the podium throughout the year.

VERY interesting team! Like others have said, it will be interesting to see how the new plastic affects their games. If the company has something legit to offer these players it could be very interesting. Hopefully the small runs work out well for them. Starting up something like this has to be a scary proposition financially.

And I hate to mention this, but did anyone else notice that his glasses apparently need adjusted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts