• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
The company is Georgia based.
If Ohio is too humid then discs can not be produced anywhere on the east coast.

ahhh common sense and critical thinking is lost on so many don't you think?

Just looking at the PDGA approved discs list, I believe that the D3 will be the replacement for the Destroyer. It's specs are very similar, and they both share a rim configuration of 30.50.

Also, what pro uses a Boss? None that I can think of...

I have read that they are going to pay the pros a base salary of 10,000 a year or something like that. That is unprecedented really is any type sport like this so I guess we see how far that will go. I like it that part though and hopefully it will bring some other major manufacturers to do the same.

haha, people on minimum wage part time probably make more than that. lets hope that they can win some purses.

haha, people on minimum wage part time probably make more than that. lets hope that they can win some purses.
Oh yea, I am not sure if I said it here or another thread but that really is a drop in the bucket but it can help some. Being a devil's advocate though, when does it come down to the ones that are winning saying that the ones that are not should not be getting the same amount as them??:popcorn:

Just looking at the PDGA approved discs list, I believe that the D3 will be the replacement for the Destroyer. It's specs are very similar, and they both share a rim configuration of 30.50.

Also, what pro uses a Boss? None that I can think of...
I think Feldberg does

Chuck said in the other thread they have a bunch approved already and they asked the PDGA to release the info on set dates.
I highly doubt that all these pros would jump ship without going to a complete bag (or near). they all need time with these before the Memorial. Especially to get the ones they need beat in.
Plus all these guys/gals throw similar bags so just expect the disc you would see in all these guys bags.

Destroyer
Boss/Nuke
Wraith/Surge
Teebird/Eagle/XL
Firechicken
Leopard
Roc
Buzzz
Gator/Drone
KC/Challenger
P&A/Magnet/APX

Basically what I would expect. from them to begin.

I think the pros have had their hands on these for a while for R&D, so they might have them beat in or be comfortable with them already.

$10k can probably more than pay for the entire touring season. so all of your winnings would be profit not expense like it so often does. Schusterick made almost $39k in prize money last year. That as all profit is dang nice. Catrina made $18k. And I wouldn't be surprised if they get bonuses as well.

$10k can probably more than pay for the entire touring season. so all of your winnings would be profit not expense like it so often does. Schusterick made almost $39k in prize money last year. That as all profit is dang nice. Catrina made $18k. And I wouldn't be surprised if they get bonuses as well.

They all definitely get bonuses. That has been mentioned by Paul McBeth among others.

Also, I'm not certain about this, but if they are going to be touring, Prodigy might be paying for room and board (at least board), which would seriously cut down on their living expenses.

That is a lot of big names. The market is saturated, but I think this group will knock out some other manufacturers.

Shouldn't their product, which is as yet non-existent, determine whether they knock out other manufacturers or not, rather than the names associated with the company?

Unless you think that those collective minds/experiences are going to be the driving force behind creating discs better than anything currently available. Then I guess there's good reason for optimism, but I don't think any of them have degrees in physics or aerodynamics or engineering.

Don't get me wrong, I'm anxious to see what they come out with and where the company goes. But I don't think they're at any more of an advantage (or disadvantage) in the marketplace because of who is involved.

The plastic is honestly the grippiest most glorious thing I've ever felt. EXTREMELY comparable to CE. Maybe even better. This is something to get excited about.

The plastic is honestly the grippiest most glorious thing I've ever felt. EXTREMELY comparable to CE. Maybe even better. This is something to get excited about.
Any idea on whether they're actively pursuing that consistency? Will it be like Innova where the first runs get special treatment and the subsequent runs are rushed to market?

Any idea on whether they're actively pursuing that consistency? Will it be like Innova where the first runs get special treatment and the subsequent runs are rushed to market?

I don't want to comment on things I'm not 100% sure of, so this is semi-speculation.

Phil Arthur has been in the game for a long time, and I think they are going for that old feel. They really do want to cater to us players. The pro side has gotten all the press but this is just as much for us as it is them.

*Note, I am not affiliated with prodigy. :|

thats what i want to know. and will decide if i give them love.

honestly so far, Legacy has impressed me with consistency. the Ricos definitely like the same feel in plastic as myself. I hope they keep the focus of quality plastic consistently and not get into the mass demand side like Innova, Lat64, and Discraft.

Not to fan the flames, but: have people seen this? Not excessively informative, but it's something. Kind of bummed out that the fairways will be their last discs released. Still, that's a lot of discs to put out in a relatively short time span.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts