• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is there going to be a big Prodigy Open at Flyboy with an old-school USDGC payout?

Who makes their discs?

Do they have their own facility?

Are the discs available yet?

The plastic looks awesome in the pics on Facebook. I can't wait to throw some/see it being thrown. That glossy star plastic... I wanna touch it

Hopefully these guys embrace video

I want to know where this disc are being molded.

i have heard some rumors that they are being made in ohio..but i cant be positive..skyiron (based in ohio)closed the doors last week after only releasing 1 disc in 2 years..he said his expertise was needed elsewhere..maybe he has been working with them for sometime,using his equipment to mold their discs?Lavone wolfe said they didnt acquire any other companies but that doesnt mean they didnt hire anybody.

thats what i want to know. and will decide if i give them love.

honestly so far, Legacy has impressed me with consistency. the Ricos definitely like the same feel in plastic as myself. I hope they keep the focus of quality plastic consistently and not get into the mass demand side like Innova, Lat64, and Discraft.

At one point, Lat was considered to be like Legacy. Then they exploded in popularity. If Legacy finds success, they will eventually find their way over to the demand side. Having a non-disc manufacturer mold their plastic (and not being able to mold for another company themselves because of that) may help slow that though.

The company is Georgia based.
If Ohio is too humid then discs can not be produced anywhere on the east coast.
DD and Grip EQ are both Kansas based, but I think we know their wares aren't produced there.

If I buy any Prodigy discs, its going to be because I like the plastic, not because of who is on their team. Same with the new DD discs. If these companies put out a good product that people will buy, this will hopefully be a good arrangement both for them and their sponsored pros.

That being said, I think the big two are going put a band aid on their "wounds" and keep on trucking.

Smart move to release drivers first (from a business standpoint). They are the top sellers to new players, and let's face it, many of us who have been playing for years are still itching to find that magic bullet from the tee box and will occasionally buy new drivers to try. I personally can't wait for the fairway drivers either, but it will be fun to throw their drivers, putters, and mids in the meantime. Good luck to Prodigy, I am excited for them.

They look goot

PicsArt_1357062150027.jpg

I guess my thing is how many disc can you have in a bag. Don't most of you experienced players find the disc that work for you and stick with them? Wouldn't someone have to produce a disc that is amazingly similar to what you already have plus be much better feel in your hands to switch?

holy batman that plastic looks so nice
LOL...really? It could be photoshopped color swirls for all we know.

All of them are drivers with 2.3 cm wings. Somebody nudge me when they make something I can actually throw.

thats true..i dont throw much wide rimmed stuff..im ready to see the fairways and mids

do you think they may change the name on release or are they locked into the d1-d4 names?

That surprised me as well since Lightning has had a D-1 thru 4 for a very long time. Maybe the label was to get it through the PDGA stuff and will be renamed later? Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts