• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Proposed rule changes for 2024

They register before them.
What do tds do when their c tier is half full? Imo there should be a registration period for members first, then let non members fill that spot. I guess we'll see how it goes. It's silly to not let the tds make a judgment call depending on their location and event history.

What do tds do when their c tier is half full? Imo there should be a registration period for members first, then let non members fill that spot. I guess we'll see how it goes. It's silly to not let the tds make a judgment call depending on their location and event history.
This sounds great in practice. However this is pretty tough because its not currently possible in disc golf scene and also assumes that every event uses disc golf scene and would follow this rule.

This sounds great in practice. However this is pretty tough because its not currently possible in disc golf scene and also assumes that every event uses disc golf scene and would follow this rule.
I thought disc golf scene could already determine if you were current or not. I swore the last one I signed up for knew I wasn't current and I paid the fee.

I'm not saying you are incorrect. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. I don't play many tournaments anymore

I thought disc golf scene could already determine if you were current or not. I swore the last one I signed up for knew I wasn't current and I paid the fee.

I'm not saying you are incorrect. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. I don't play many tournaments anymore

I remember his also. Disc Golf Scene would not process my registration 2 months ago without me checking the box to pay $10 as a non-member. It seemed to know that my number wasn't current.

I did this in 2020 with disc golf scene. It is already supported to have a PDGA member registration tier.

God I hope the people listening to the feedback at the PDGA aren't as misinformed about tournament registration as you.

This excuse of "non-members" taking spots away from members is so exaggerated it's pathetic. It happens at less than 1% of all C-tiers, and I'm probably being generous saying less than 1%, it's more like 0.5% at most.

So by catering to the 1% of whiny disc golfers who are too slow to sign up, the PDGA is going to make it that much harder for the TDs in places that don't sell out events. How many TDs will just go unsanctioned to allow anyone to play? A hell of a lot more than the ones who want members-only. I guarantee it.

If one hasn't putt in 6 or 7 holes, it is not likely they will win no matter how they are putting. That is a long stretch of losing holes in match play.
Putts are never "given" to the loser of a hole.

The PDGA will have competition in 2024. The new organization will be responsive to the players and TD's which it serves. It will also stand with the majority of Americans who support fairness in female sports.

We have heard this before. Who was the guy, from the southeast, that came here looking for input on a new tour. He had grandiose ideas and little to no implementation plans or skill set. He was only around for a minute and blew up and rage quit the site. Does anyone remember this?

We have heard this before. Who was the guy, from the southeast, that came here looking for input on a new tour. He had grandiose ideas and little to no implementation plans or skill set. He was only around for a minute and blew up and rage quit the site. Does anyone remember this?
Lol, I promise the folks running the new organization won't waste their breath on this site.