• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putters with the most glide

Nick C

Birdie Member
So I'm looking for putter suggestions that have a lot of glide and since I don't always trust flight charts I figured I'd ask the community. I've used all kinds of putters (wizards, focus, aviar, omega supersoft, Ion, etc, etc)

Right now I'm using a DX aviar 175g

I have a soft Ion and it doesn't seem to have the same glide as the aviar I have. i should be more specific and say that I'm looking for inside circle and jump putting instead of approach shots

Second the Dart. I switched from an Aviar to a Star Dart specifically to get more glide from a putter, and I haven't been disappointed. The Dart is fast, straight, and glides better than any other putter I've used.

A putter for inside the circle and jump putting that has a ton of glide? I would look at a lid type disc, maybe a Rattler or a Polecat.

yeah the rattler is like a ufo...don't know if i would putt with them but they glide and glide and glide....

so the ion is great for spin putters? i loft just hated the ion but spinners love it?

Without a doubt the wham-o 86 softie has more glide than anything. They're really hard to find now but if you've thrown one you'll agree. They just float forever.

having both an ion and magic in my bag, i must say, if you're a snap putter

ion > magic in terms of glide, for sure.

Latest posts