• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting Styles Illustrated

I really like how Ricky Wysocki putts. I saw it described as a "stagger straddle pitch putt" style. I have been trying this for a while and it seems to be a really comfortable stance. Would love to see a slow-motion or clinic if anyone has anything.

AllI could find.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1esnjdJdfXM

I really like how Ricky Wysocki putts. I saw it described as a "stagger straddle pitch putt" style. I have been trying this for a while and it seems to be a really comfortable stance. Would love to see a slow-motion or clinic if anyone has anything.

AllI could find.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1esnjdJdfXM

The stance is comfortable yes, but for me, the actual putt motion feels unnatural. Never been a fan of straddle putting, instead i combined his stance with a forward stance making a sort of hybrid putting stance. facing forward but having my legs straddled at an angle. Hard to explain. I am finding more consistency with this stance and still developing it to make it my own a little

I gotta throw this video in here, because I was completely flailing. Trying to re-invent my putting style with Nikko's Pitch putt, and all kinds of other stuff. Then I watched this video, threw that all away, made a few tweaks to my own putting style, and I've been a much better putter, and able to improve with practice, since then.

This is Jonathan Baldwin, Masters Pro, my personal favorite DG player. Start at 4:20 for the putting part:

Not a great quality video, but the teaching messages are real clear and helped me a ton. Like weight shift being the most important thing. Now I put with my legs, core and palm, more than my wrist or arm.

Last edited:
This is a cool putt that I have only seen him do online, not too many would take on this odd putt.

I have seen other putts like a traditional chest height turbo putt. This is different sometimes in wind he uses the other hand to add more spin to the putt to get disc into the basket. He now uses lids mostly the Putt'r in the limited Z or the Birdie for his putt, once having a different Viberam lid disc before he traded it to a guy for the Putt'r in the limited edition Z plastic. He also used before a beat in Aviar P&A and before that a 2000's Jawbreaker APX or Focus that did the shredding apart on its own that would have happened even if he had never used the disc, he was tired of having to use beat in versions of any non lid putter to get the lid style of floating glide. I only know because I hv wached his in the bags and he mentions trading a nearly new Viberam lid disc golf putter for his limited edition Z Putt'r.

Last edited:

Latest posts