• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting with mid range disc should I do that or not

vline

I usually use my roc 3 or mako 3 for putting I just wanna know if this weird or should I use a putter I've hit far putts with these disc and prefer to use them to put should I be using putter if so what is it you prefer for putter

Use what works for you, there is no set rule.

I putt with a Roc3 also sometimes, but I turn the disc upside down on those putts.

Yeah use whatever works. I've seen some pretty decent players put with a midrange, though it's certainly more common to use a putter.

when i started playing I used a mako as my putter then tried a classic roc. I found my putting to be more consistent when I found the putter I like.

I'm say I'm way better at putting than driving i just see other people use putter and kinda want there input on like what disc other people use to putt

Asking other people what putters they use is like asking what flavor soda they prefer. Everyone is going to have a different answer, but the info you really NEED is - try as many out as you can and find what feels good to you.

Nothing wrong with mids. Many mfg'ers list putters with speeds as high as "4". These mids are good for putting in the wind, and those that like to hyzer putt.

One downside is I find is that they are easy to throw a bit hard and get more chain outs.

But to each his own, thats what makes this sport fun.

I often use my Comet for longer putts due to its glide. Generally, though I use my putter, which is currently a Spike; or a Harp if it's windy. I have a Pure coming in the mail in the next few days though and am going to see how it does.

Your mid works.

Your putter would work better.

Nothing "wrong" with either. If you're having fun, use your mid. If you want to practice, develop more consistency and improve your score as a result, then get used to using a putter.

The first year I played putted with an old DX Gremlin because it felt good in my hand compared to putters. I will putt with DX Rocs occasionally if I am putting through thick stuff like leaves on trees still.

I'd recommend a Judge; Dynamic's putters they are slightly wider diameter then most other manufacturers and the bead will allow it to sit in your hand similar to your rocs. Their Classic Blend plastic is a happy medium between grip and firmness.

I believe the point has been made on these putting-with-a-mid threads that a putter (because of the smaller diameter) is more forgiving.
Makes sense to me, but statistics and calculation mean nothing next to comfort and confidence.
So, if you want to putt with a mid, I say go for it.

Mids are fine to putt with, you'll just experience more long rollaways.

This and baskets, in theory, are designed to catch discs with the diameter of a putter. And of course, no one has ever tested that notion. On the other hand, there are numerous putters that have the same profile as a mid. If it is actually the diameter you like, then stay with the mid. Your comfort will compensate for the issues it creates.

Do what feels right. Although....

I will say that mids tend to have more glide than putters so when you miss you'll miss bigger. Instead of sinking past the basket and stopping like a putter is designed to do, the mid will travel a bit further. There is also potential for more skips and roll-away shots.

The main advantage to using a putter vs. a mid to putt with is not in the number that you'll make (whatever you're comfortable with will be fine) but in the quality of the misses. You'll have easier follow-up putts on your putter misses than your misses with a mid