• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

QR codes on tee signs?

pickupman92

Bogey Member
Just wondering if anyone has used QR codes on tee signs to mark pin positions?

you can create a QR code with a website link, so www.DGclubwebsite.com/course1/hole1.html

and you can change out the html files whenever you change out the pin position. Since more and more people are using phones to keep score, wouldn't this be a great way to mark a pin position on a tee sign? At least this way, it couldn't be manually tampered with....

Thoughts?

I would be too lazy to scan it. Separate app, wait for it to load, etc. I could just walk down the fairway a bit and see the pin more quickly.

There was a course somewhere in Ohio that had a little wheel on each tee sign that you could just turn to the current pin. Obviously it could be tampered with but I like to think if one guy messes with it someone else will come along and adjust it to be helpful.

sGMDUBf.jpg

This is how my local course keeps track of pin positions, A, B and C pins, the bolt says the Pin. Chances are, nobody is changing these just to screw with people.

I've seen some signs with holes punched along the edge. The position is noted by a padlock keyed the same as the basket/sleeve. Anytime they're moved, the lock is also.

Not sure if I've seen one like this, but what if you moved a colored bolt to holes drilled through the metal sign at the basket position shown on the map? I would think this would only be problematic if the sign post itself was in the way. Pros? Cons?

I don't see it being useful for noting pin position; it could be nice to link to a video or pics to show layout for blind holes.