• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quads- are they worth it?

Are quads worth the extra cost and hassle?

• Yes

Votes: 189 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 32 14.5%

• Total voters
DGA Gelz are great, very comfortable and durable. If you have more than 12-15 discs they take a load off your back/shoulder /legs.

LOL, at least in Phoenix it's not humid too. I thought about bringing a small cooler but the less crap the better. I have my G/F's son wear a Camelbak but he usually tires of it and takes it off.

Yeah, I will probably order them. Like I read on the forum, forgot the OP's name "If I was worried about looking cool, I wouldn't play DG."

That quote came from the great mind of Giles.

Quads have made life easier for me. I carry a Revo Carolina, not a ton of discs, maybe 12 but when I add waters and all the other crap it starts getting heavy. They're comfy weather on one shoulder or both. Obviously great for the longer hikes that some courses may have. I don't find them getting in my way either. Great investment.

I love my quads. They are a year old plus and look like I just took them out of the package. They should last for years so I do not feel bad about the cost.

CHEERS - Koffee

LOL, at least in Phoenix it's not humid too. I thought about bringing a small cooler but the less crap the better. I have my G/F's son wear a Camelbak but he usually tires of it and takes it off.

Yeah, I will probably order them. Like I read on the forum, forgot the OP's name "If I was worried about looking cool, I wouldn't play DG."

You could try these...

I've got one of these And if you look, there's a release buckle at the bottom of each shoulder strap. Looks like all I need is about 2 feet of webbing, 2 tri-glides, and 4 mini-biners and I could easily turn this into a quad strap / hydration pack. It should cost me...well, two bucks for the tri glides. I've got everything else lying around. I've even got foam that I could slap on there to give me extra padding... I'll give it a shot when I get my new bag for xmas and let you know how it works. I'll bet AZ gets scorching...

yes, i've had my quads almost a year and they're awesome. i carry a bag of 24 which fit nicely, with pockets for other necessities. makes em feel much lighter.

I have the Innova Competition Bag. In it I carry, 16 discs, 3-4 bottles of water, or Gatorade, two towels, baseball, golden Retriever, first aid kit, pain medicine, muscle cream, sun block, markers, mini, pens, and score cards. My bag gets pretty heavy. The quads are the only way to go.

I'm sure I posted in here at some point before it was necro-ed, but quads are great. Sure I only use one strap when I'm going a short distance, but it makes the bag much more comfortable for longer walks.

You would be amazed at how much better your back feels after playing a long course with quad straps instead of the single strap. I was surprised.

good luck figuring out how to actually order anything from that site heh.

they are nice. I enjoy having them, you can get them at a hardware shop for kind of cheap and they are normally pretty nice.

Quads are for winners. It feels weird for me to NOT have my quads on....so nice.

Million times better than a shoulder strap..

I'm gonna buy quads for the seven discs I carry in my innova standard bag

Latest posts