• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Question about 10x/11x KC Pro Teebird Discs

AzteC

Eagle Member
So I'm getting heavily back into disc golf after taking several years off. In the 5-6 months I've been back, the time I put in has really made my game much better than it has ever been. My go to fairway use to be a leopard, now its a teebird. My go to distance driver is a king. So I'm looking for some older good condition teebirds to add to my bag.

My question is. I've been buying a lot of teebirds lately to see which fit my throw the best. I'm looking into mainly 11x KC Pro tbirds. How long were the pros made in champ plastic? What other older teebirds should I look out for? Are the CE teebirds worth getting to throw? Are "CAL" teebirds like the Pro ones we know today? I don't care if the older stuff is more expensive, if its better I'll use it, and if its not better, Ill sell it.

Just looking for some more seasoned players/collectors advice on the older innova market. Also the original barstamp buzzz is another one I'm looking into. Are the 10th aniv with wasp tooled on the rim anything like the originals?

Last edited:
Buy current stock discs. 10/11x discs will run you from 3-50x stock prices. Sell all your 10/11x discs before they start falling apart.

What about 11x KC Rocs? Seems like many players on the circuit prefer the 11x to the 12x.

I have a stack of 11x KC Roc's, about a dozen or so, the plastic just seems to be a little harder and they have less of a dome. The mold seems to be about the same but you can clearly see a difference. Just a note, the "Multi-Purpose" art work with the 12x stamp appears to be the same plastic and you can still find them in the used disc bins for around 5 bucks at Play It Again if there is one close to you.

People usually prefer and pay a premium for those older discs because they got really used to throwing them. With the vast number of molds out there and considering that different runs really only require a relatively small adjustment, I recommend just purchasing off the shelf discs. If you find one you really really like, buy a stack of them.

Remember that at the time, 11X Teebirds were hated by many for not flying like Teebirds. Once 11X went OOP, they were coveted because they didn't fly like current run Teebirds.

Ok so this is interesting. I got two 11x rocs in the mail. One of them feels similar to the first roc I ever bought 3-4 years ago which was a 12x. Stiff plastic, and similar dome level. The other 11x I got is MUCH flatter and is actually very grippy and gummy.

Latest posts