• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Question on Glide

In my opinion, Latitude 64 discs have the smoothest flights and most glide of all the discs I have tried.

Lat64 gets my endorsement. My Gold Line River has the most glide for me of any disc I have ever thrown. I consistently throw my Gold Line Pure 20' more than all my other putters (Aviars and Ions) when throwing them full power.

I have thrown a Vision for a long time, and now bag a Saint, Falchion, Fuse, Mace, and Compass also. Not sure about their glide rating numbers, but something about their discs has made me gravitate towards that company over the past couple years.

Last edited:
Both the River and Saint seem to have uncanny glide. I find both a bit nose sensitive though.

Meh. I can get a TL3 out further than a River, and that's listed as 4 glide rather than 7. I'm not calling the River and Saint glideless turds, but they're not a noticeable difference between them and and other fairways on the market.

Meh. I can get a TL3 out further than a River, and that's listed as 4 glide rather than 7. I'm not calling the River and Saint glideless turds, but they're not a noticeable difference between them and and other fairways on the market.

There would be a few reasons why a disc goes further. Glide is only one of those reasons. I guess my take is based on feel. I don't give much credence to a completely subjective set of numbers.