• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quick Coat Worm Dye Questions

Would diluting the dye more or a doing shorter soak give me more of the bright pink I am looking for?

picture.php

Idk bc I dont use worm dye much. I would maybe try doing a short yellow dip first, then a short pink one. Though you may just end up with orange that way...

My favorite Opto Fuse is a faded grass/algae color. Would you go green or yellow worm dye for a chartreuse day glo?

My favorite Opto Fuse is a faded grass/algae color. Would you go green or yellow worm dye for a chartreuse day glo?

Id use their pink imo unless you like the green grass fade to be enhanced.

Just dyed a same green 11x eagle thrower which would have been lost in a minute. Use dat zoom lol. Between the blue and orange. Came out legit and their colors reflect UV light too.

attachment.php

Last edited:
file.jpg

My Fuse looks like a faded version of this. I think just making it more opaque would help a lot. You think pink would be the better way to go?

I actually found some worm dye at Wal-Mart and tried it on a clear Magic I never use. You guys weren't kidding about going for unscented. My disc smells like an Olive Garden exploded on it, so garlic. Got me wondering though, could you use unscented stuff and mix in some essential oils for some pleasantly scented discs?

file.jpg

My Fuse looks like a faded version of this. I think just making it more opaque would help a lot. You think pink would be the better way to go?

I actually found some worm dye at Wal-Mart and tried it on a clear Magic I never use. You guys weren't kidding about going for unscented. My disc smells like an Olive Garden exploded on it, so garlic. Got me wondering though, could you use unscented stuff and mix in some essential oils for some pleasantly scented discs?

I assume the yellow would make it more opaque in the flight plate if just poured into there top down.. The colors reflect UV light so would help in sun etc for sure where some of the green/yellow/clear blues turn to glass.

The stuff is cheap enough and works so well id say get both colors. Can always use it again. Ive had that bottle of pink 4 a long time and dyed quite a few discs now being you need very little to work with. Someone here told me about cotton ball application which worked nice on some neutron to get a cool watercolor like painting design.

You mafcks bought up all the unscented pink dye on that website. :mad:

I contemplated how bad gamefish or craw scented discs might be but since my garlic is so potent I decided not to chance it. :D

^Damn I was just gonna order some pink today.

Those of you without metal sinks in your home, how do you dispose of the excess/runoff dye when you remove the disc? Am I overthinking this and should just use a paper towel or something? I know to reuse the dye and put it back in a container of sort, I just don't want to stain a sink or shower drain with what's running off the disc if I can avoid it.

Also don't want to dump it outside if I don't have to cuz muh Earth.

Any tips on getting a more uniform, even dye? I just want to make clear discs look not clear. I dyed a clear Proton Photon orange and it looks more like an unintentional brain wave dye.

Any tips on getting a more uniform, even dye? I just want to make clear discs look not clear. I dyed a clear Proton Photon orange and it looks more like an unintentional brain wave dye.

Wash the disc with some dish soap, scrub a bit with paper towel, and rinse thoroughly. I think grease/oils from manufacturing, and even your hands will hold out the dye more than places that are clean. I will put 2" of hot water in the bottom of a 9" pot and a bit of dye, and gently submerge the disc in it, being careful not to trap air bubbles under it. 5-45 minutes in the bath depending on how dark, and bam - new color disc. I've definitely seen fingerprints of lighter dye absorption on the rim after this process so I need to wash my hands better too!

So the longer it sits in the dye the darker it will be, correct?

So the longer it sits in the dye the darker it will be, correct?

yes, also if you keep the dye bath *warm* it dyes quicker. do not boil we're talking hot to the touch, 130-140 range if you like to heat it up

It is difficult ordering such worm dyes from Europe. What I now found is ``SPIKE-IT Scent Markers Value Pack Garlic -- Dip-n-Glo marker''. These look like Sharpies, which would be okay for me, as I only want to draw rings on the disc, not paint it all over. But is this the same dye that you are talking about here? And does the disc smell garlic then? ;-)

The Spike It Garlic dye was incredibly stinky. Even the Spike It unscented Chartreuse dye I got had a faint whiff of garlic.

I was told in another dye thread, by several people, that making a disc more opaque is quite difficult. :\

I have the worm dye and really need to work on some discs soon.

Latest posts