• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] R Pro Boss Question

JR Stengele

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I have heard people comment on how they disliked the new R Pro Boss and I was wondering if it was from people who could already throw the Champ Boss 400+ feet and felt the R Pro was too flippy. If not, why don't people like it? If you do, what is the best weight for it as I have seen it listed at 150-164? Would it be a good disc for someone who had issue turning over the original champ boss or would it still be too much? Thanks ahead of time everyone.:D

IF your TURNING OVER the orginal champ boss then I would assume you have to much arm to throw the lighter R-pro's I was gonna buy one but everyone is saying they are junk....so I dunno if I wanna spend the 11 bucks to find out its junk or not lol..My buddy threw barry shultz, japan open r-pro and liked it...but I dunno....

You definitley don't have to throw them as hard to get them to fly as far as a good drive. I let off big time on a 310' hole and launched it 340'.

I have seen them as light as the 130's. For me, I get a lot of distance without having to throw my arm out of its socket. They do have a ton of glide. The one I threw was 139g.

gonna bump this...10 yrs Later....r pro definitely the fliopiese t driver....that said downwind whenever i throw this thing it wails...i yse it gir fun

gonna bump this...10 yrs Later....r pro definitely the fliopiese t driver....that said downwind whenever i throw this thing it wails...i yse it gir fun

Try a starlite Boss. Flippiest thing I've ever thrown. It'll go if you throw into a good tailwind, but otherwise it flips like a paper plate.

Lord, I looked at the necrobump and was going to laugh about back in the day before Blizzard and Starlight when we thought we were cool throwing R Pro Bosses, then I looked them up and you can still buy the worthless things. :eek: I mean they were flippy and all, but the reason people hated them was that they got beat up landing in grass. :| I have no idea why they would still be making them; I can only hope they are just still trying to sell some very old stock.

Sometimes it's fun to throw ridiculous things l throw that r pro boss with strong tail and side winds and I feel pretty good about it this is in big wide open places of course.. I've been throwing an Orange 154 for about 6 months and it's still about the way it was I haven't hit any trees with it mind you I had a measure throw with a 20 knot side wind of 540 it was flipping hard and landed way to the right...and bounced a bunch...its as flippy as a dx wraith.. ..almost...feels likg its made od wax

Worst post JR ever made.

Love you buddy!

Don't bump Rpro Boss threads kthx

Lord, I looked at the necrobump and was going to laugh about back in the day before Blizzard and Starlight when we thought we were cool throwing R Pro Bosses, then I looked them up and you can still buy the worthless things. :eek: I mean they were flippy and all, but the reason people hated them was that they got beat up landing in grass. :| I have no idea why they would still be making them; I can only hope they are just still trying to sell some very old stock.

The Innova factory could still be making the discs I mean the Innova company Still makes in limited production the Champion Commander, and the Champion Groove is still made in production run both some of the worst discs ever made. I can see with the Grove why as for profit off new players that start off with only a driver. But if Innova is like Discraft with a few molds/plastic they made oop we can assume they have been running off some older stocks of a plastic that nobody wants. However like Champion Blizzard and oop Starlite the R-Pro light plastic is a floating on water for a disc at under a specific weight unless the Wahoo or Hydra. The Champion Blizzard has bad runs in more recent plastic to the point you do not know if you are going to be finding good Champion Blizzard or bad Champion Blizzard and sadly the Starlight plastic is oop as I have yet to find it past 2015-2016.

I love my R-Pro Bosses. They are definitely OOP, but luckily I still have a stack of 150 grams or less. Some are from the original run and some are from a friend. I mostly throw these on wide open fairways for all out distance. For my weenie arm, they start out overstable. Then with use they begin to flip up nicely and eventually I can get some awesome downwind crush distance. I am always cycling R-Pro Bosses, I usually have a "freshy" and a "flipper". I don't throw them in the woods, so they don't beat in very fast. I usually lose them before they become untrustworthy. Plus, they float in water, so I am never afraid to go for it!

Worst post JR ever made.

Love you buddy!

It was a joke post that went *whoosh*. It's not his fault we can't understand his humor. :|

Sorry, bumped the R-Pro Boss thread. :(

Last edited:
I love my R-Pro Bosses. They are definitely OOP, but luckily I still have a stack of 150 grams or less. Some are from the original run and some are from a friend. I mostly throw these on wide open fairways for all out distance. For my weenie arm, they start out overstable. Then with use they begin to flip up nicely and eventually I can get some awesome downwind crush distance. I am always cycling R-Pro Bosses, I usually have a "freshy" and a "flipper". I don't throw them in the woods, so they don't beat in very fast. I usually lose them before they become untrustworthy. Plus, they float in water, so I am never afraid to go for it!
They did bomb in an open fairway, that is a fact. I just couldn't control them, so I'd get to a fairway and think "I have room to throw that Boss" and then either not get a good rip and hyzer it into trees waaayyy on the left or mess up and flip it into trees waaayyy on the right. :( "Don't hit anything with it" is much easier said than done in my case.

On the plus side, I'm really good to have around during course development because people will say "nobody is going to throw into that playground" and I can say "Oh, yeah. I'm hitting that playground 20% of the time." :\

Last edited:
Would it be a good disc for someone who had issue turning over the original champ boss or would it still be too much?

It was a joke post that went *whoosh*. It's not his fault we can't understand his humor. :|

Sorry, bumped the R-Pro Boss thread. :(

TOTALLY missed that sentence in his post lol. Well played JR

Worst post JR ever made.

Love you buddy!

Fact! Not even sure what the hell I was asking for. Never thrown one, nor will I ever own one. Oh, 2009 version of me. What in the world. Thanks for bringing this back up. And even better...thanks to those calling me out on it. Sometimes I shake my head at my posts.

Last edited:
They did bomb in an open fairway, that is a fact. I just couldn't control them, so I'd get to a fairway and think "I have room to throw that Boss" and then either not get a good rip and hyzer it into trees waaayyy on the left or mess up and flip it into trees waaayyy on the right. :( "Don't hit anything with it" is much easier said than done in my case.

On the plus side, I'm really good to have around during course development because people will say "nobody is going to throw into that playground" and I can say "Oh, yeah. I'm hitting that playground 20% of the time." :\

Same but not for Playground but rather walking paths as in one hole at the in town course it is one on very short midrange/approach shot is open behind the basket, there used to be a double Red Ceder behind and off to the left of the basket that died or got hit by lighting and on of the parts died causing the other part of the tree to die. Well anyhow the basket is 5-6 feet from the walking path and if you hit long at the wrong time you can hit a person, happened at least once to me.