• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Rare PIAS Finds

^whalers?

I just got a super flat 12x firebird and a chalky wizard from PIAS. My buddy got a champ spider that should be worth a bit.

image.jpg

Here ya go, not exactly super rare..but nice finds.
That firebird is basically as flat as it gets, and the chalky wiz is just nice.. Might go back to grab another one.

I guess i should feel lucky being in a disc golf hotbed where i leave stuff like that behind anyday and only buy stuff in the OOP range which i see often

omg sooo rare a firebird with flight numbers, where can I find one like that? maybe Dicks they have all the collectible stuff thanks deckdo for enlightening us on that! bucha bonches

Nice find on the slipstream, even though they top out at 30 bucks or so, I dont think guys who buy them collect them. There is a solid group of guys who fell in love with them back when they came out, a friend had one and I got ahold of another on here and he has that as his 2nd one.

There was a nice z buzzz with a papa tarts stamp at the local shop last week but I didn't have any cash on me. Still bummed :wall:

omg sooo rare a firebird with flight numbers, where can I find one like that? maybe Dicks they have all the collectible stuff thanks deckdo for enlightening us on that! bucha bonches

LOL...

I found this at PIAS. 5.99

BAFE6E29-38CF-418F-AE63-F69E9BFB16F9-8023-000003C270A50361_zps9eb83c1d.jpg

Whoa. Which PIAS in Illinois?

I don't know if I want to reveal my spot. I don't want anyone else swooping on my deals!!! Haha. It was at shorewood PIAS. I've also found other gems there too. Ce teebird, pre Barry Leo's wasp rimmed bar stamped buzzes, stock stampped CCR's and the list goes on. All for the modest price of 5.99.

I don't know if I want to reveal my spot. I don't want anyone else swooping on my deals!!! Haha. It was at shorewood PIAS. I've also found other gems there too. Ce teebird, pre Barry Leo's wasp rimmed bar stamped buzzes, stock stampped CCR's and the list goes on. All for the modest price of 5.99.

I wish I could find stuff like that at my PIAS

My question is, who is the dumb ass bringing all the good plastic and selling it for pennies on the dollar.

There is that too. Casuals maybe that find stuff when playing. If I wasn't on here I wouldn't know what a CE disc was or that it was valuable at all. There are still discs now that I have no idea that have any value or are rare I'm sure.

I would guess more like a guy who played 10-15 years ago in college or high school. I was talking to a friend in a round and a lady he works with was talking with him about disc golf and said he kids are 30-35 now and have 100 or so discs just laying around the house the have not been used in 10 years. So if you think like me you would think 10 years is 2003, the end of the ce era. So pretty much guarantee some CE in there in not horrible shape, if they had putters then they would either have most likely some 8-10x kc aviars, old school magnets so real valuable stuff now that they dont even think about, the kids forgot about the discs. Maybe alot of times mom finds stuff like that around home, takes it into play it again to trade for new gifts for her grandchildren like skates, pads, balls, etc not knowing the value and just thinking the discs are old and feeling good about getting 100-200 bucks for the treasures

LOL...

I found this at PIAS. 5.99

BAFE6E29-38CF-418F-AE63-F69E9BFB16F9-8023-000003C270A50361_zps9eb83c1d.jpg

And another thing there is nothing really that nice at 5.99 at any of my PIASs. The 4.99/5.99 used idscs at my local places are usually beat to hell and may be good for a dog disc.

I would guess more like a guy who played 10-15 years ago in college or high school. I was talking to a friend in a round and a lady he works with was talking with him about disc golf and said he kids are 30-35 now and have 100 or so discs just laying around the house the have not been used in 10 years. So if you think like me you would think 10 years is 2003, the end of the ce era. So pretty much guarantee some CE in there in not horrible shape, if they had putters then they would either have most likely some 8-10x kc aviars, old school magnets so real valuable stuff now that they dont even think about, the kids forgot about the discs. Maybe alot of times mom finds stuff like that around home, takes it into play it again to trade for new gifts for her grandchildren like skates, pads, balls, etc not knowing the value and just thinking the discs are old and feeling good about getting 100-200 bucks for the treasures

This is also true, which is why I try to keep my eyes peeled on CL, garage sales and the thrift shops. Haven't had any luck yet though.

My finds include a $4 nice se rhyno, a $8 brand new bb roc3 and a $4 nice condition protostar dom. The last two were last thrusday and i have no idea why they were so cheap.

My finds include a $4 nice se rhyno, a $8 brand new bb roc3 and a $4 nice condition protostar dom. The last two were last thrusday and i have no idea why they were so cheap.

An 8 dollar roc3???? Thats it Im hitting the local PIAS on the way home lol.