• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Rare PIAS Finds

That's what this guy is, but it was half the factory store price so I jumped on it. Huge dome but it makes it more glidey it seems.

Yeah I go hosed, I had a Star No Flight Number Shark 2016 with big dome and unlike most discs in Star that if they have a dome they are supposed to have more glide, this has less glide then most discs in Star have if they have have a big dome, almost like a standard dome Shark of same weight.

Found a Star Whippet and a TC Elasto Sampo at the PIAS today.

Hadn't seen a premium Whippet. It's got a good rim feel, but an enourmous dome. Only $9 and new or close so I had to try it. The Sampo was in good shape and $8. It's the only TC disc I ever regretted not trying so I wanted to fling one, especially now that the Elasto plastic is OOP.

Pretty pumped.

I almost bought that exact Sampo the other day. I don't throw them but know the people who do love them. Oh well, glad it went to someone who will throw it. If you ever need another, hit me up as I have not throw the one I originally got since the Trilogy Challenge that year.

Here's what I found at the PIAS in Pleasant Hill, CA:

Virtually no used stuff, and all the new discs they had were Innova/Discmania.

In and of itself, this isn't necessarily bad, but they used to carry new Gateway, Discraft, DD... I miss having a place where I could check out the feel of the new Wizards before buying one. I guess it's back to Marshall Street...

Went to PIAS for the first time today, didn't find any sweet used scores but they had plenty of kastaplast and it was all 30% off picked up a glow berg and a k1 kaxe z

Here's what I found at the PIAS in Pleasant Hill, CA:

Virtually no used stuff, and all the new discs they had were Innova/Discmania.

In and of itself, this isn't necessarily bad, but they used to carry new Gateway, Discraft, DD... I miss having a place where I could check out the feel of the new Wizards before buying one. I guess it's back to Marshall Street...

You know why they are doing that right? California has become Innova companies Biased. Given the new growth of Innova with Discmania and smaller side brands, Innova and those other companies are making a revival of Innova that a few years ago in the early 2010's was not the case. Also the Innova discs are being made more consistent in speeds under 12 then in the early-mid 2010's at the time the number system had just been put on the discs or was getting on all the Plastic types, so players want the discs more.

Seems the PIAS in Plesesnt Hill the Disc Golfers working are either taking used disc for themselves to use or to sell. Gateway used to be a PIAS brand, as in you were guaranteed to find a disc from the place.

Yeah Marshall Street is one of the better places to buy discs from, if you want to know the individual disc color and weight.

You know why they are doing that right? California has become Innova companies Biased. Given the new growth of Innova with Discmania and smaller side brands, Innova and those other companies are making a revival of Innova that a few years ago in the early 2010's was not the case. Also the Innova discs are being made more consistent in speeds under 12 then in the early-mid 2010's at the time the number system had just been put on the discs or was getting on all the Plastic types, so players want the discs more.

Seems the PIAS in Plesesnt Hill the Disc Golfers working are either taking used disc for themselves to use or to sell. Gateway used to be a PIAS brand, as in you were guaranteed to find a disc from the place.

Yeah Marshall Street is one of the better places to buy discs from, if you want to know the individual disc color and weight.

Oh, please expound, thou wizard of all things disc golf! We anxiously await more dispensation of your vast knowledge.

Found a nice, orange, lightly inked CE QMS today. One of the gummy "appoved" ones that are barely CE. :thmbup:

Oh, please expound, thou wizard of all things disc golf! We anxiously await more dispensation of your vast knowledge.

You will still get discs more often then most other brands from Innova that are not made right but that is due to the big numbers of discs they make in the factory 4 full brands discs and micro brand Hyzerbomb compared to the next top big brand factories making 3 full brands discs at most.

I don't know about down south, but where I am there seems to be a pretty strong Trilogy following.

Where I live Innova and the other brands from same company though mostly Innova due to to the local sports store selling only those discs. Some others also tend to use the Swedish factory Trilogy only because a sponsored pro from Rapid City is with Latitude 64 and a person who used to live in Aberdeen Now in Minnesota was sponsored by Dynamic Discs until end of last year. Discraft and DGA was more popular until Dynamic Discs started its company in the plains. Going back even further some players in my area liked Lighting quite a bit before the company was behind on disc tech, prompting people to switch as it was also in a plains state. I rarely see players use MVP/Axiom as a brand in my area, if they do it is as a putter more then anything.

So the real CE that was more opaque and look like Pro/R-Pro get overtime or is that the later Gummy Champion?

Yeah, the typical CE was really opaque and become more translucent as they ran out of the plastic.

Found this one in the used bin today. Great shape too

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180907_111828.jpg
    MVIMG_20180907_111828.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 154
I picked up a well-worn (but no nicks or gouges) first run Z Stalker yesterday for $5 at the local PIAS. I had never thrown a Stalker before- I'm in love! It's like my Roc and Patriot had a baby. It's immediately in the bag. Beat my personal best today at one of my usual courses by 3 throws, and I threw the Stalker a ton.

How am I just finding this disc? Gonna have to stick up before they are impossible to find.

I picked up a well-worn (but no nicks or gouges) first run Z Stalker yesterday for $5 at the local PIAS. I had never thrown a Stalker before- I'm in love! It's like my Roc and Patriot had a baby. It's immediately in the bag. Beat my personal best today at one of my usual courses by 3 throws, and I threw the Stalker a ton.

How am I just finding this disc? Gonna have to stick up before they are impossible to find.

Stalkers are nice. They work best for drives when you need more distance than a mid can provide, but you don't want to throw the disc brutally hard. Stalkers are good for an easy 350'. Very straight. No real high speed turn or heavy fade.

Stalkers are nice. They work best for drives when you need more distance than a mid can provide, but you don't want to throw the disc brutally hard. Stalkers are good for an easy 350'. Very straight. No real high speed turn or heavy fade.

Yea that's basically what I use my Patriots for today, mostly woods shots where I would rather throw a driver 80% than midrange 100%. I'm better at hitting the gaps.

I've got a straight stable icon Patriot that is really my go-to disc, but I haven't been able to find a good backup. A fresh Z Stalker seems like it would be perfect.

Yea that's basically what I use my Patriots for today, mostly woods shots where I would rather throw a driver 80% than midrange 100%. I'm better at hitting the gaps.

I've got a straight stable icon Patriot that is really my go-to disc, but I haven't been able to find a good backup. A fresh Z Stalker seems like it would be perfect.

If you are having trouble finding stalkers I got a couple Z glo and Ti... also got a CE Firebird. I used to love the Stalker..

If you are having trouble finding stalkers I got a couple Z glo and Ti... also got a CE Firebird. I used to love the Stalker..

I've got a Ti as well. I'm getting more and more tempted to throw it, but want to see them run in the new Ti first.

Yeah mines a Paige Pierce Sig disc in gold/ copper wish I hadn't written my name in it but I wanted it as a thrower..

Don't really think any of these are super rare discs, but got some rare value at my PIAS today. The had a tournament stamped Lucid Justice for $8(new) and a mildly used Fusion Sheriff ($6) and a 158 McBeth Destroyer ($12) that I got for free with my full disc card. This PIAS has a buy two get one half off so I grabbed a TP Boatman with come cool swells that ended up being $3 after the discount. So all said four discs, some I may not throw but are still cool, for $19 after tax.