• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] RDG Fossil Lizards

Not to ask a hundred questions, but how does the fossil fuel compare to the fossil serpent plastic? Also, any chance there's going to be a stamped run of those any time soon? I'm not a huge fan of blank discs, but I loved that first run I picked up.

Not to ask a hundred questions, but how does the fossil fuel compare to the fossil serpent plastic? Also, any chance there's going to be a stamped run of those any time soon? I'm not a huge fan of blank discs, but I loved that first run I picked up.

Good question.. I didn't realize that we were so limited on Fossil Serps.

I wouldn't expect any stamped in the next week or two I'd say.

The Fossil Fuel feels very similar to the Fossil ran on the Serps. Maybe a tick more chalky feeling.

Since when did fossil fuel become the firmer of the two plastics? My fuel scales are both gummier than the fossils- is it going to be different in each batch?

Since when did fossil fuel become the firmer of the two plastics? My fuel scales are both gummier than the fossils- is it going to be different in each batch?

It all depends on how the color affects the flex.
Fossil Fuel is more of a variable riddled Fossil.

That said... DaveMac isn't the master of consistent runs so who knows in the future.
All I know is that we have lucked out with some incredible runs of plastic so far in the RDG project.

How does the flexibility compare between the fossil wizard and scale

Fossil Wizard is about two ticks softer than the board stiff Scale.

The rim is still firm but the plate does have a bit of give.
Still not what I would consider as a "softer" flex disc however.

It all depends on how the color affects the flex.
Fossil Fuel is more of a variable riddled Fossil.

That said... DaveMac isn't the master of consistent runs so who knows in the future.
All I know is that we have lucked out with some incredible runs of plastic so far in the RDG project.

Thanks for all the answers, Jamie!

Any thoughts of coming up with a system for classifying how each run turns out, just in case there is a little discrepancy when these are run again?

Can't wait for my wizards to get here! I love that Gandalf stamp so much, but I couldn't resist throwing a few of the LizWiz stamps in there too!

Thanks for all the answers, Jamie!

Any thoughts of coming up with a system for classifying how each run turns out, just in case there is a little discrepancy when these are run again?

Can't wait for my wizards to get here! I love that Gandalf stamp so much, but I couldn't resist throwing a few of the LizWiz stamps in there too!

I appreciate the support!

I'm not sure if I will ever be able to devise a method to quantify the differences between runs but I can assure you that I will be forthcoming with any variance that occurs between them.

I'm fully aware that these Fossils are as firm as their predecessors but I am 100% confident that they are some friggin' amazing feeling discs :)

Hey Cassidy,

How does this Fossil Fuel compare to the last run? If it's the same I'm going to have to load up.

Its more firm than the previous run.

This new batch of white Fossil is much closer to what Fossil Fuel was on the Scales.
It has some flex in the plate with a rigid rim. Has a velvet finish and a gritty complexion.

I'm hoping they keep making these in future but there have already been differences in the initial run compared to the more recent.

Latest posts