• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] RDG Fossil Lizards

https://reptiliandiscgolf.com/collections/putters/products/fossil-wizard-mini-liz-wiz-stamped

Dave finally got around to running us a new batch of Fossil Wizards. He was low on Talc so he cranked up the Santoprene in these.

They molded up with a noticeably larger shoulder than our previous Fossil runs, but still "low shouldered" in the Wizard world.

The plastic is stiff, velvety and incredibly nice feeling. It is very much like the less gritty, more rich feeling 11x Aviar plastic. At first I was thinking "This isn't Fossil" then after feeling them more, I kinda think it's our best plastic ever produced!

They also possess a nice amount of beef to them off the tee. Able to pull out of pretty hard forced annys.

Maybe our best run ever, albeit a little different than previous runs.

Check them out. We have x outs so they're cheap throwers!

oh dang! moved from Wiz/Warlock to just Warlocks about a year ago and may have to revert back on this promising news....

https://reptiliandiscgolf.com/collections/putters/products/fossil-wizard-mini-liz-wiz-stamped

Dave finally got around to running us a new batch of Fossil Wizards. He was low on Talc so he cranked up the Santoprene in these.

They molded up with a noticeably larger shoulder than our previous Fossil runs, but still "low shouldered" in the Wizard world.

The plastic is stiff, velvety and incredibly nice feeling. It is very much like the less gritty, more rich feeling 11x Aviar plastic. At first I was thinking "This isn't Fossil" then after feeling them more, I kinda think it's our best plastic ever produced!

They also possess a nice amount of beef to them off the tee. Able to pull out of pretty hard forced annys.

Maybe our best run ever, albeit a little different than previous runs.

Check them out. We have x outs so they're cheap throwers!

Nabbed 2 for a friend who putts/throws Wizs. These things are pretty stiff, and almost feel like a blend between a base and premium plastic, but with really good grip.

Also interesting that on the back they were originally penned P(ure)W(hite) and then wiped and F(ossil?)'d over.

Nabbed 2 for a friend who putts/throws Wizs. These things are pretty stiff, and almost feel like a blend between a base and premium plastic, but with really good grip.

Also interesting that on the back they were originally penned P(ure)W(hite) and then wiped and F(ossil?)'d over.

Yeah when Dave ran them, I was very hesitant bc they weren't talc heavy. After months of deliberation I decided they were actually really nice.

Dave had already put PWP after we said we didn't want them. The one I had in my basement called to me and I started to appreciate how nice these truly are.

Yeah when Dave ran them, I was very hesitant bc they weren't talc heavy. After months of deliberation I decided they were actually really nice.

Dave had already put PWP after we said we didn't want them. The one I had in my basement called to me and I started to appreciate how nice these truly are.

I just thought it was a fun detail. They're by far the nicest wizards I've ever held. I'm not usually a Wiz fan, the bullet nose feels weird in my hand, but these feel amazing.

I ordered three of the new run on Friday; they were on my doorstep at noon Monday. Great service from RDG!

This plastic is firm and feels good. As jcassidy said above, it is not the old fossil. I'm not familiar, specifically, with the 11x Aviar DX so I can't make that comparison. It does remind me of Innova putter DX. A few throws off the tee and it flew like ... a new Wizard; straight with a pronounced fade at 200-240 ft. Putting, it rang the chains and stayed put.

Reading the comment from Texasissouth, above, I took another look at mine and see the rubbed out "PW" and re-penned "F"(ossil) on the bottom. BUT ... this is NOT the same plastic as my PW Wizards; perhaps just an honest marking error from the factory.

These will make good additions to my herd of 30-35 Wizards. A plastic feel for any/all weather conditions; it's a feature, not a bug!

Edit: Just saw jcassidy's post above explaining the PW marking.

Switched to Wizards this year. Ordered 3 fossil liz wizs from RDG. Got a 175 and 2 176s. Stiffness is just under my Pure White wiz. But where my pure white wiz is sort of slick, the RDG Fossil wiz is kind of velvety. It kind of feels like my pure white wiz got together with my SS eraser wiz and had a very white child.

I dig it. Flies like my pure white. Basically exactly what I expected. Very good. If any criticism, don't go mini liz wiz... always go full(size) liz wiz