• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Recommend a step up

Alexplz

Double Eagle Member
Hello.

Currently I carry a Fade Lite bag which is getting a tad snug.

I'm looking for a step up. I want to be able to carry ~20 discs when appropriate. I also want plenty of storage for beverages and ideally a packable jacket.

I would also appreciate a sturdy/water resistant bottom for setting down in the wet NW grass.

I'm not super into the idea of a backpack, and I'd love to spend sub-$50.

You're going to run out of options quick with that price point. I think your best option would be the Fade Gear Tournament bag.

You're going to run out of options quick with that price point. I think your best option would be the Fade Gear Tournament bag.

You really can't beat the price...and they are pretty sturdy compared to their smaller bags. The strap connectors on the Crunch Box's are a joke but the Tourney bags have the strap connectors sewn all the way down the bag I believe.

At that price point you are a bit limited, especially if you are also going to purchase quad straps. I think one of the innova bags is around that capacity and price point also. You may be able to find straps in the MP for a decent price.

If you up your range a bit I think you may find better options that you'll be happier with in the long run

Yeah, you're looking at a Fade Tourney there....but that's not a bad thing. I've had mine for a year, and it looks almost brand new. Get some backpack straps in the future and you'll be set.

FWIW, my Fade Tourney bag failed twice in one year. Originally, it ripped out two of the backpack staps anchors on the same day. After being replaced (under warranty by Fade), a seam holding an outside pocket and a main compartment corner completely unraveled and frayed within 4 months of receiving the bag. Again, Fade replaced the bag. This most recent replacement now sits in a garage cabinet with extra discs that I lend out when friends or family come into town and don't bring their discs.

Fade has fantastic customer service. Both times the bag was replaced they covered shipping and sent an additional Fade Lite bag for the troubles (both of which I gave to new players). However, their material is just not cut out for heavier bags.It works well for very light bags with very few discs, but cannot handle rigorous use by anything more than a "every once in a while" player.

The innova deluxe bag would be right around your price range. Fits more like 18 discs and a jacket might be a little tight for storage.

I have a camo Fade Tourney bag and love it. i just recently upgraded to a backpack so i have no use for it now. I carried 26 discs in there which is maxing it out. if your interested in it just send me a personal message and ill send ya pics and the whole nine yards. It is in great shape.

Hello.

Currently I carry a Fade Lite bag which is getting a tad snug.

I'm looking for a step up. I want to be able to carry ~20 discs when appropriate. I also want plenty of storage for beverages and ideally a packable jacket.

I would also appreciate a sturdy/water resistant bottom for setting down in the wet NW grass.

I'm not super into the idea of a backpack, and I'd love to spend sub-$50.

DGA Elite Shield is 3 out of 4. It has only 1 water bottle holder.

Cool thanks for the responses - FADE tourney was on the radar for sure, got to check out the DGA too.