• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reptilian Disc Golf's First Mold: The Scale (OS P&A)

Where can I get these RDG stamped MVP discs and what molds are available?

And just so you know, it really shows how much I like and respect your company when I'm willing to buy/try MVP again to represent your company.

Much appreciated man. It means a lot to have such a devoted little fan base.

I know we will NEVER contend with the bigger companies (I don't have any intention honestly) but I do know that when RDG is done and gone... we will have left a nice little dent in the game.

As for the MVP/Axiom discs, I need to get them loaded up on the site. PM me with any molds you are looking for and I can see what I can do.

Where can I get these RDG stamped MVP discs and what molds are available?

And just so you know, it really shows how much I like and respect your company when I'm willing to buy/try MVP again to represent your company.
They have some fantastic stamps on those. I recommend targeting the Crave when they get them up.

I have got to get my hands on a scale and serpent. I love that you guys are so involved with these forums and give people what they want. I've lately gravitated towards MVP for their consistency and I think I'll have to seek out some rdg. Nobody around here seems to throw them and I can't find a shop near me that is looking to carry rdg. Usually stay away from online orders but I may have to grab a few scales and especially serpents when you guys restock so I can bring rdg to my area. Keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure your small die hard fan base will grow

I have got to get my hands on a scale and serpent. I love that you guys are so involved with these forums and give people what they want. I've lately gravitated towards MVP for their consistency and I think I'll have to seek out some rdg. Nobody around here seems to throw them and I can't find a shop near me that is looking to carry rdg. Usually stay away from online orders but I may have to grab a few scales and especially serpents when you guys restock so I can bring rdg to my area. Keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure your small die hard fan base will grow

I don't see shops carrying RDG in the near future simply because we aren't cheap to buy. Our wholesale costs are in line with premium plastic elswhere so surely most companies are going to balk at buying a large order of RDG.

I appreciate the kind words though :)
I have a desk job that allows me to check the forums so I try to keep things fresh and listen to what folks are saying. So far so good I'd say!

OS putter is a good way to start your disc mold-making!

As your brand, increases in popularity you'll hear more and more from the nay-sayers. Disregard them. "You do the voodoo that you do." Don't let others talk you out of what you want to accomplish! Keep the faith!

Interested in trying the Scale... see how it compares to my VP, because that's my main putter.

Just got this bad boy in the mail. Hoping to get out and throw it soon! Love the feel of the plastic.

Attachments

• scale.jpg
    scale.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 47
I need to get me an Eraser Scale as well.

What I really want to try is a Tar Pit Scale. Any chance of them getting back up on the website? Havn't seen any since the Beavis and Butthead stamps.

I also personally like the blank stamp look on my plastic. Baseline is one of the exceptions as it is have tot get a clean wipe of the stamp. I would love to see some more blanks as well.

Fossil Fuel is tits, but I'm saving that for winter. Little softer and grippier, and bright color to boot. Eraser is the heat though. I get a slightly cleaner release too, and I think that comes from the grippiness.

I too would love to see more Tar Pit...
We probably should have tested the blend more before creating a killer name and stamp for it bc it is tough to run.
Our flight plate is so thin that the few test batches of Tar Pit that we have run have produced a lot of wavy flight plates.

IMG_20150504_225638_030.jpg

Hey JCass, I just got these two proto scales (thanks annakin) and I'm wondering if they're fossil or fossil fuel. The rims are still super rigid like my fossil, but the flight plates are substantially softer. I really like the feel, firm rim for driving but a touch of give on the flight plate for putting (I'm still sticking with my firm atoms though). Also they're not white, so maybe?

IMG_20150504_225638_030.jpg

Hey JCass, I just got these two proto scales (thanks annakin) and I'm wondering if they're fossil or fossil fuel. The rims are still super rigid like my fossil, but the flight plates are substantially softer. I really like the feel, firm rim for driving but a touch of give on the flight plate for putting (I'm still sticking with my firm atoms though). Also they're not white, so maybe?

I'd say those were an undefined prototype batch of Fossil Fuel

Any update on the new mold? Or RDG stamped MVP? Or any RDG news?

I'm fanboying so hard and I need to know what's coming down the pipeline.

I love these fossil Scales. I now have 8 total. My proto is breaking in beautifully. Took me some time to adjust to lack of glide but now these are just so damn easy to range.

Was never a fan of putting with overstable putters but these have absolutely changed my mindset and my game. Thank you RDG.

Also the serpent, while at first didnt do anything for me has now grown into the perfect compliment to the Scale. Still not a fan of throwing the serpent much as the glide isnt there but when I need a lil less fade on my putts or a few more feet it filla that role perfectly compared to the scale

My original proto fossil scale is Sooooo beat and soooo money. It pretty much flies like a fresh wizard with less glide so its easier to range, especially on fast greens. Ive parked some holes in the 250ish range with my scale on a dead straight line the whole way,

Any update on the new mold? Or RDG stamped MVP? Or any RDG news?

I'm fanboying so hard and I need to know what's coming down the pipeline.

Sorry I missed this! Honeymooning took me away from my DG world.

As for the news on the RDG front... I've got nothing. :|

I wish I could offer some insight into what is next but I'm in a tough spot with future mold production at this point. There are a lot of variables when having a larger company produce your molds and at this time it would appear that those variables are creating a perfect storm of MEH.

If it were entirely up to me RDG would already have a solid core of five or six molds at your disposal. Unfortunately the world doesn't work the way I had always dreamed. Instead I'm working on designing the best business casual DG bag on the market with the Gecko. Hopefully I will have some updates in the near future.

I appreciate all the love the Scale has received. It is 100% the disc that I intended to produce. It filled a void in the market and I know that DaveMac would add it to his PnA arsenal given the chance. I'm a GYRO fiend and I like to think I possess enough snap to benefit from the enhanced glide of my Envy/Atoms. This causes me to rely heavily on my Scale & Serp when placement is of utmost importance. Their lack of glide is pretty unique in the glide starved world we live in and I love leaning into my Fossil Scale only to have it die & come crashing down next to the basket. :thmbup:

Really hope you can continue to produce Scales. I'd pay whatever for a couple fossil fuels or tar pits at 170-172 grams...

Played a round in the rain recently, and I was very, very impressed. Fossil plastic has amazing grip in wet conditions.